Good Samaritan on a bike..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another reason to carry a knife. :clapping::punk::clapping:

I carry my ka-bar!!! :biglaugh:

62607_4635329173214_636525504_n.jpg

but not the 9mm!!(until I get my CCL)

Great share and I agree ALWAYS carry a knife, I rarely go a day without using mine for something.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Good to see a positive M/c video! Two motorcyclist stopping is excellent PR! I always have at least a Leatherman (at work 2!) and my 4" folding hunting knife (1/2 serrated) in my M/c jacket when traveling.

Thank you for posting. I wish that more people could see more positive things like this.

Yes, a good P.R. for bikers.

Just in-case you find something similar: the best thing to do is make sure that 911 was called. Sometimes it hasn't been. The next thing to do is to ensure that the accident scene is as-safe as it can be. Putting your vehicle with lights-on including 4-ways between the accident and oncoming traffic which would be approaching the accident, to provide a bit of shielding for the stationary trapped victims, is next. Now, take a survey: are there any power poles that were hit where the vehicle could be energized w/electricity? Better wait for the professionals, warn anyone inside to stay-put, unless there is a threat of fire, spilled fuel (gasoline, diesel normally won't light-off) and arcing wires, anything that could turn an accident onto a greater tragedy. You have to look before you lay-hands on the car or whatever.

In an inverted car like that, cutting someone loose who is securely being held upside-down could result in significant trauma, especially cervical spinal trauma. Think of Honey Boo-Boo's mama suddenly dropping onto her head...or someone similar.

Yes, you want to do something, and if the person is going to be burned alive, after weighing your scene safety issues, and protecting yourself to the fullest-extent possible, once you know 911 was called, then you may choose to intervene. Good luck. If at-all possible, it's better to wait for the people who are trained in these things, who have the proper equipment, to arrive. Sometimes the best thing you can do is to exercise patience and to keep others from making stupid mistakes.

Back