Top ugliest bikes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You missed this one. Here's one entry:

4) Yamaha V-Max 1700 - The triple tuning fork people took one of the ugliest motorcycles ever to disgrace the Eighties and updated it so that they can repulse riders well into the new millennium. This rolling, bulbous, misshapen, and profoundly revolting junk pile has no reason to exist outside of some fevered meth-fueled fantasy. Where the original V-Max had single hood scoops on each side, let's make it two scoops, and let's follow that theme with a siamese melted-together muffler, two giganto radiators, a kicked up rear skirt behind a sausage of a pillion seat, a 1967 Scrambler headlight, and an engine compartment mercifully blacked out to cover its sheer hideousness. Yamaha has put out some astoundingly ugly crap lately, but this one is by far the worst!

also

10) Yamaha V-Max 1200 - Yammy scores a double in the bizarrobike category with the original V-Max, which set the original standards for completely useless oversized fake hood scoops, ridiculous microtank, triple slotted bolt on sidecovers and a V-four engine with a round coffee percolator filter stuck onto the crankcase. If there is anything to recommend the styling of the V-Max 1200 for is that at least it isn't anywhere near as repulsive as that of it's younger and larger brother, the V-Max 1700.

Beauty , as well as Ugly , seems to be truly in the eyes of the beholder. I didn't agree with all either , but his commentary was well worth the read. :punk:

Those other links have a lot of entertaining info, not truthful, but entertaining. Check-out this one, and when you get to #1, be sure to be-amazed at the specious claim for its top speed, optimistic by probably 25 mph. http://hallicino.hubpages.com/hub/Top_10_Japanese_Street-Legal_Bikes_Of_All_Time

Hallucinogenic is correct!

The guy hates large sportbikes, both VMaxes, and anything using copius plastic bodywork. His work is full of biases and outright "I don't know about what I am writing," wrong information. For example, he claims, "the Yamaha Vision 500 engine though the original bike was quickly-forgotten in the marketplace, went-on to power a couple decades of Virago mid-displacement cruisers." I guess the poor fellow has trouble determining what SOHC and DOHC mean, and are. See #3: http://hallicino.hubpages.com/hub/Top-100-Ugliest-Motorcycles---10-Golden-Age-Bikes Maybe he got his Vulcans confused w/his Viragos.

The guy is pretty much an idiot (IMO) :) and he is way off on a lot of those bikes......in most peoples opinions. He writes so much drivel that for the most part, is just to get a reaction out of people.

He also had a long rant about the Gen 2 saying that it was irresponsible for Yamaha to release it because it is too powerful, uses to much fuel.

He's in favor of smaller motorcycles for the sake of preventing global warming. :ummm:

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting.
Some of them are truly ugly but at the same time, those were state of the art at the time and people couldn’t wait for most of them to hit the showroom floor. Personally, as a kid when the Suzuki Katana, yamaha Vmax , the Kawasaki 1300 and a few others showed up, they were bikes that I one day dreamed of owning. Now, many of them are classics that are getting harder to find by collectors that would give their right nut to own.

Here's the flip side........worlds most beautiful bikes.....https://autos.yahoo.com/photos/11-of-the-most-beautiful-motorcycles-we-ve-seen-this-year-slideshow/

I do agree that the silver/black b-king is butt ugly but for some reason all black is a cool looking bike. I never new a color could make that big of a differance.

my stock gen 1 vmax had a ugly side to it also but after making some changes to it all was good. Like the vmax stock tail light and lollipop turn signals. vmax stock mirrors are ugly also, The stock scoops on a vmax are cheep looking but if you polish or chrome them or powder coat them black the scoops are a very nice touch. All in all i think any motorcycle can have a great look to it with the right touch.

first to go would be tail light mirrors and mufflers. Mufflers are not a bad look but kinda cheep looking. scoops need to be chrome. head light is cool looking but has a cheep look to it.

same deal needs changes.

kawasaki-2012-zx14-r-3.jpg

Dont get me wrong i like all of the bike's with the right changes.

very cool bike

7c19467e5d0f290e33eea6fea1f55a04.jpg

IMO

I do agree that the silver/black b-king is butt ugly but for some reason all black is a cool looking bike. I never new a color could make that big of a differance.

May be if it didn't have that bug look and those weird scoop looking sides, and the weird tail....other than that.....it's still has a look that only a mother can love....

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Looks like I own (2) "ugly" bikes - a VMax and an M109R.

LOL.......my bike is so ugly I can't go anywhere without someone asking me what it is, who makes it, how fast is it, how much does it cost, then they take pictures of it, and tell me how nice/cool it is.

Happened several times just yesterday. I was late leaving because a guy getting gas had my ear for 10 minutes talking about the bike. Then later I was parked in a line of Harleys, and sportbikes. The VMax got all the attention.

I feel just terrible that my Honda Valkyrie didn't make the list!!!!!! De-baged, foot deep black laqure paint, and a custom small faring----- it should be on one of his lists:stir pot:

Lew

Happened several times just yesterday. I was late leaving because a guy getting gas had my ear for 10 minutes talking about the bike. Then later I was parked in a line of Harleys, and sportbikes. The VMax got all the attention.

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago up in Virginia City Nv. Bunch of vested and chained riders stopped and couldn't stop asking about myV-Max

Lew

Back