2015 Yamaha Lineup!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the painted parts can be purchased for just a little over $500. Pretty much what a decent paint job would cost I would think. And then you still have your old parts.

There may be a color change in my VMax's future!

All of the painted parts can be purchase for just a little over $500. Pretty much what a decent paint job would cost I would think. And then you still have your old parts.

There may be a color change in my VMax's future!

You read my mind Sherlock! :worthy:

House of Colors has a similar color....think it's called 'Brandywine', looked at that long and hard but the hassle of hauling the parts to the paint guy....loosing sleep over runs & orange peel, etc., better to open the box and there they are! :punk:

Then just loose sleep over the black chrome stuff. :hmmm:

Of course I too love the Max but honestly, the rest of the offerings are underwhelming and generic to me. Super Tenere is dang nice for what it is. Maintaining and fixing it will blow away the comparable BMW offering. I have yet to ride the big FZ bikes but they aren't much to look at. What's up with those spindly license plate mounts? They couldn't come up with anything better?

That is a sick color!

I will say, I swung a leg over the FZ-07 at Bikes, Blues and BBQ this year and went for a ride... man that is a sweet bike! Simple, super light, compact, awesome engine with a lot of willing power.... I reallllly liked it!

No engine control modes, cable clutch... I like simple. The front end felt a little too soft, but that isn't hard to overcome. If I were a new bike buyer, that would be on my shortlist.

We'd charge more then that to do one of our paint jobs and you would have to use your body set. That is a great deal for $500 and have the second set of tins/plastics!

Sean

We'd charge more then that to do one of our paint jobs and you would have to use your body set. That is a great deal for $500 and have the second set of tins/plastics!

Sean

Sean, I know good paint and paint jobs cost money.

One thing about the Gen 2 is except for the engine at $10k, some other parts are pretty reasonable.IMO Front fender $62.....hand finished scoops $143....faux tank is $230........etc. They are quality parts too.

Nice enough lineup but a little disappointed they didn't offer a 700/ 800 version of the Super Tenere, one that leans a little more towards dirt than it's big brother does.
I'm probably going have to adventurize a WR450F but it still would be at most a regional range bike. It's that or put knobbies on Redbone something like this:
v-maxtenere.jpg v-maxtener1.jpg

Back