I was on Ebay this morning when I saw this.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was always my bitch on the Vmax.... 100 mile range. I know some guys say that is about all you can ride..... maybe on the Gen 1 with its tough Ergo's, but my ZX and its 200 mile tank fill ups and comfort made me wish I could go farther before filling up.

I wish the tank could be bigger on my ZX lol.... so I guess its a never ending battle.

Todd

That was always my bitch on the Vmax.... 100 mile range. I know some guys say that is about all you can ride..... maybe on the Gen 1 with its tough Ergo's, but my ZX and its 200 mile tank fill ups and comfort made me wish I could go farther before filling up.

I wish the tank could be bigger on my ZX lol.... so I guess its a never ending battle.

Todd

My '94 Suzuki RF900 had a 5.5gal tank good for a cruising range of between 225 to 250miles.

FUEL_TANK_XV1000LN.png

Another 1/2 gal would be good for another 15 miles and having an actual reserve tank would be nice.

Surely, you exaggerate...................

It could happen with the 5 gallon tank..... 5 * 35 mpg = 175 miles, if you drive really easy you could see almost 40 mpg and see close to 200 miles. So totally do able. You just need 1.5 more gallons of fuel capacity than stock, like Redbone has.

Todd

That's the beauty of our extended tank! We have been working on another extension to add another 3/4 gallon and relocate the battery with a lithium ion too. So, we could almost get a 6 gallon tank if it had our rear addition too!

It was a one time event, it seems, because since then the light comes on anywhere from 150 - 160 miles, dependent upon the usage of the hooligan modulator grip.:biglaugh:
But I'm good with that mileage especially when I'm riding with non Vmax's whose range can reach 250+ miles.

That's the beauty of our extended tank! We have been working on another extension to add another 3/4 gallon and relocate the battery with a lithium ion too. So, we could almost get a 6 gallon tank if it had our rear addition too!
I think you could gain more with relocation of the rear brake reservoir. There might be a 1/2 gallon lurking there! The Vmax could end up a veritable fuel tanker on wheels!

Hey Sean, wouldn't a custom plastic molded tank be easier to make plus lighter to boot??

Only if you had an injection molding machine. Someone in Europe makes (or made) a plastic tank that fits in the stock location and gives an increased capacity. If they could also do the extensions that would make the tank huge.

Latest posts

Back