Anyone every matchup against a Boss Hoss?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
(And if that's a nickname for your wife, I apologize. :eusa_dance:)

Just wondered if anyone has gone stoplight to stoplight with one of those monstrosities, or perhaps at the strip.

I've never even seen one on the road. Unless, I mistook one for an SUV.

dont think the bosshogs are a quick or a fast bike...light to light or highway speed.....they all show and no go

I read an article on them years ago where the guy did a test ride. I seem to remember him saying the one he rode only had two gears. First gear to get going and second gear was basically a highway gear. He said the bike was a turd off the line but ran great once you were in second at highway speeds. Again a mag article that was at least 5 years ago.

I've seen a few at national rod events and hotrod shows. Only ones I ever saw being riden in person were at Gatlinburg Tn, and bike week in Daytona. Not that many out there, and those that are would get their rearend handed to them off the line.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fI_GvCl8ei8

Now, I bet the trike version could be made to hook much much much better and make a decent showing.

I saw one at the Conesville rally a year ago and talked to the owner. He started it up for me as I was asking about the rocking effect you would get from hitting the throttle (enough to make a car shake, so I wanted to know what it would feel like on a bike) It rocked the bike a bit , but just enought to have the kickstand slide on the ground a bit. The guy made a few passes on the concrete drag strip and just lit up the tire the whole way down.... I wouldn't say they are a dog off the line, they just need the right hook-up. I like them, I will probably never own one, but it is something different and neat to see.... I would definately ride one if the opportunity ever presented itself. And I probably wouldn't be afraid to run against one on the strip (at least once anyway).

Jeff

Last time I went to Sturgis they had a demo tent. The line was waaayyyy to long for me. I've seen a number of them in person. The earliest ones were single speed only. They aren't fast off the line but from a roll they are fast.

Sean

Yes a Boss Hogg will whoop a VMAX's ass!~ I messed with one down at Bike Week in Daytona back in 2003.

This was a 350 Chevy 350HP with a 15' Street DOT Slick car tire on the rear.

They are heavy which means they can holeshot (expierenced rider) they have 350HP.

Dont mess with one, when they hook up they run in the high 9's

Most owners of the BOSS Hogg cant ride so it would be close run.

Last time I went to Sturgis they had a demo tent. The line was waaayyyy to long for me. I've seen a number of them in person. The earliest ones were single speed only. They aren't fast off the line but from a roll they are fast.

Sean

The guy I ran had a 2 speed and it came out of the hole with me looking at taillights and I think I am pretty quick at holeshotting. Its like anything else. Motorcycle races comes down to the rider and than to the performance of the bike. Most riders cant ride there motorcycle to its full potential.

Sean

When I was in Sturgis in 04 I meet some guys in the hotel that told me about the demo rides. My crew showed up at 7:30 am to wait on line at the HD dealers where the demos were. They had 6 bikes and 4 trikes, I got the last bike in the group of bikes. We rolled out on to the highway and I let the group get way ahead of me going about 60mph. I got a real big handfull of throttle, and downshifted to first and held on. Hit 130 before I had to roll out of it. The bike was still pulling real hard.
I had a lot of fun doing that several times during the ride.

Those bikes are a blast to ride, They even come with a 502 big block in them. And if money is no issue you can upgrade that with 600 ci pro mod engine. I would definitely have one if I had an extra 50k in my pocket.

ON THE DOWN SIDE , IF IT EVER FELL OVER ON YOU , YOU WOULD NEED A TOW TRUCK TO LIFT IT OFF OF YOU , OR I GUESS YOU COULD ALWAYS HAVE YOUR LEG AMPUTATED ! " LOL " :rofl_200:

Even the now defunct BBC 502/502 HP version Boss Hoss riders wet themselves with 11 second passes.

These bikes do not hook on the street and barely on the track.

Small block ZZ4 versions have a hard time getting into the 10's on good prep. Of course a SBC powered 1100 lb. vehicle should run better.

Is it gonna do it on the street without the aide of track prep??? HELL NO....

With a single 10.5" full outlaw tire, 355 hp is not going to hook without added weight and wheelie bars to keep the nose down if you could transfer all that power to the rear.

The Muscle Bike boys doing 700-800 hp Nascar based engine bikes barely get into the 5.90's in the 1/8th.

Just stay on your game and wave bye bye to any Boss Hoss you meet on the street from a dead stop...80 MPH roll on is a whole other story.

Neil

Even the now defunct BBC 502/502 HP version Boss Hoss riders wet themselves with 11 second passes.

These bikes do not hook on the street and barely on the track.

Small block ZZ4 versions have a hard time getting into the 10's on good prep. Of course a SBC powered 1100 lb. vehicle should run better.

Is it gonna do it on the street without the aide of track prep??? HELL NO....

With a single 10.5" full outlaw tire, 355 hp is not going to hook without added weight and wheelie bars to keep the nose down if you could transfer all that power to the rear.

The Muscle Bike boys doing 700-800 hp Nascar based engine bikes barely get into the 5.90's in the 1/8th.

Just stay on your game and wave bye bye to any Boss Hoss you meet on the street from a dead stop...80 MPH roll on is a whole other story.

Neil

'The model Levi is inspecting goes for a shade under $50,000. It?s got a 502-cubic inch Chevrolet engine that, coincidentally, develops 502 horsepower. Not enough? Try the 606-cubic inch model, with a Donovan custom block, but bring about $100,000. (It?s $95,000 plus tax.) That bike will get you to 60 mph in a shade over 2 seconds. A quarter mile will take you 8.8 seconds from a dead stop, and you?ll be going 156 mph when you get there. Top speed is way over 200 mph, which, if you do it in a construction zone, will cost you even more than the bike.

Ok I am not going to argue this anymore.. I have seen em run at the dragstrip and got my ass handed to me by a Bosshoss.. But you are wrong Niel.... ZZ4's average 1/4 times are 10.2's
which a 10.2 pass will beat most all VMAX's. They run and hook up (AS STATED RIDER EXPIERENCE) Yes you can blow the rear tire off of one, wheel spin is controlled just as wheelie popping is..

Big Block bike builders wetting pants over a 5.90 in the 1/8. Not something you'll see at BB or Nashville.

No argue....

Just keeping it real..Hell I have a 572 Vega that does mid 8's on a crate motor and 513 gears without spray :biglaugh:

Neil

One thing is for sure.. If the Boss Hoss could hook up.. Buuuuh bbbyyyyeeee just about whatever pulls up next to it. The only bad thing about all of that power is it wont hook. I wonder if anyone has tried an old 289? You can keep those pretty tame. Hmmmm..........:eusa_dance: Anywho, let's all hug, get over it, and move on to the next arguement.

If your going to get one it might as well have a V10

Attachments

• viperp.jpg
    viperp.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Viper%20V10%20Motorcycle.jpg
    Viper%20V10%20Motorcycle.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 38
One of the ones I saw was a 502 with Nitrous. It would lay rubber for blocks. Traction on those bikes is difficult as weight transfer is not in their favor.

Sean

GUY'S GUY'S , SCREW THE BIKES ! I WAN'T TO HEAR MORE ABOUT THE 572 CU.IN. VEGA ! :biglaugh::rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200::biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back