ANOTHER New Project, Bobber/Chopper #2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
So I picked up what I've been looking for for a while, and it was FREE! It's pretty rough, and about the going rate for a bike like this in this condition, but I don't care, I have the building blocks I need to start with on the bike.
The XS 650
XS1.jpg

XS3.jpg

The engine seems to be siezed at the moment, so Ayden is out helping me throw some PB in the engine. No luck so far, but I did get it to move a tick. A little more PB and I think she'll spin over.
XS2.jpg

I'm stoked to the max and have some ideas in my head on how she'll look. After seeing the guy's XS I picked it up from I may have changed my thoughts on the direction, but in the end I think I can do something sweet with it. Remember how the last one started.
downsized_0222091440a.jpg

And how it sits now
DSC01308.jpg

More updates to come as they happen.

it will be hard to top your first one......

I can't wait to see what you come up with:worthy:

I've got some pics in my head that will make my first one look like an amature bike. Let's hope I can get it done though. Thanks for the kind words.

I've got some pics in my head that will make my first one look like an amature bike. Let's hope I can get it done though. Thanks for the kind words.

WOW!!!!

Strong words....I can't wait to see this as it progresses:clapping:

Got antsy and spent an hour out in the garage tonight stripping 'er down. I should have the motor out at the very least tomorrow, and perhaps torn into.
XS5.jpg

I remember when the XJ looked like the XS, and it wasn't all that long ago!
XS4.jpg

is this a parallel twin????:clapping:

XS 650.......

It IS......you lucky devil.......do it up kick start only......get rid of a TON of electronic crap..........

Heck yeah it's the XS650, I love these things. Not sure if I'll eliminate the electric start, I'd hate to have starting issues on the kicker only hahaha. I think it'll stay, but all the buttons will be hiddin so the bars are clear of crap and smooth. I'm going to clean the bars off on the XJ too. I'm even going remote brake resevoir.

Heck yeah it's the XS650, I love these things. Not sure if I'll eliminate the electric start, I'd hate to have starting issues on the kicker only hahaha. I think it'll stay, but all the buttons will be hiddin so the bars are clear of crap and smooth. I'm going to clean the bars off on the XJ too. I'm even going remote brake resevoir.

I just put my dune buggy body up for sale......

If I get close to what I am asking for it.....I'm going to find me an XS650.....

AND CHOP THE HELL OUT OF IT:punk:

It probably runs better though:clapping:

I apologize for that....That was mean of me.....Your quality and rideability is probably WAY higher than theirs......:punk:

I could not help it tho:biglaugh:

Nope I have a wild imagination some times. I actually ride it around town. I probably have more fun with that thing than I do my Vmax. Its great to park it & watch people stare at it.
How much for an Oz. of that wild imagination ?LOL.
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: (just havin` fun)
<<Dave>>

Well I got the motor out of the bike tonight, and that was the easy part.
XS6.jpg

Started tearing into it and all was going well until I got to the jug, and now I'm literally stuck. I tried and tried and tried and have given up for the night and am soaking the pistons in PB Blaster to let 'em sit over night and hope I can gain some ground. It's looking like sleeves and slugs for certain, we'll see what I have when I get the case split.
XS7.jpg

XS8.jpg

If anybody knows of a good XS650 engine for a decent price I may be a buyer, and this one may go on the back burner for the 750 kit after the bike is done.

Latest posts

Back