Electronic fuel injection- CV carbs to TBI

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadstercycle

Reaction score
Check out this simple fuel injection conversion kit. You can still keep the V-boost! You don't need trigger wheels to run it. It triggers off the negative side of the #1 coil. Simple easy, quick. It uses the Microsquirt or Megasquirt ECU.

www.roadstercycle.com

Welcome to the Forum! You do some cool stuff. We've been working on a Fuel Injection design with a reasonable cost. There's also a couple of Italian fellas that have a design they have built using the Megasquirt. Both designs spec'd for full engine management and sequential firing of the FI system.

The costs of doing such a setup will be high but not as high as the Wildbrothers setup. There will also be more feature content with the Haltech ECU.

Your setup might be a good alternative to purchasing a set of flat slides for a VMAX engine that hasn't been heavily modified.

Have you sold many? Any customer feedback?

I just started my max project and I'm hitting it hard. I have read from top to bottom and left to right on the TBI system. I love the idea. I'm very mechanical and maticulously choose this bike. I however am not a computer kind of guy. I need help with understanding the ECU and megasquirt progam can anyone help me!?!?!?!?

This system has been around for a few years. It seems to work well, but is not cheap by any means. The biggest question asked around here will be about Dyno results. Any been done? I couldn't imagine spending the $$ on this, on a stock Vmax, while still having OEM brakes, wheels and suspention.
Steve-o

Last edited:
I would really like to see a dyno sheet on this set-up. Definitely has some cool points. Just wondering if the power and reliability gains would justify the cost. I don't mind tuning carbs that much, but I would be grateful if I never had to rebuild them again!

I would really like to see a dyno sheet on this set-up. Definitely has some cool points. Just wondering if the power and reliability gains would justify the cost. I don't mind tuning carbs that much, but I would be grateful if I never had to rebuild them again!

I love rebuilding them....send 'em over!! :clapping::clapping::biglaugh:

I have one of these kits as well as the expensive kit sold by wild brothers. Haven't tried to play with either and was actually going to at least sell the WB kit if not both.

Anyone have any reviews/personal experience to share in the last few years?

The general consensus was the EFI kits really just aren't worth it. Expensive, difficult to tune (you can trade swapping jets for endlessly fiddling with values in spreadsheets), and benefits seemed to be minimal compared to a well tuned set of carbs. A few people here messed around with them, and from what I remember most ended up putting the carbs back on after a lot of frustration.

Sorry for reviving a very old thread. I was looking into this and wanted to understand something: It is mentioned the EFI triggers off the #1 coil, but since the Vmax is a wasted spark setup (it has no cam sensors), I would think the wasted spark means the fuel is injected twice, once on intake stage and once at power stage of the four 4-stroke stages. That sounds really wasteful and I`m pretty much sure I misunderstand something, but please point that out to me, thanks :)

I don't know the software, but that seems something very-easy to program to work every-other cycle.

Well I'll add my 2 cents to this really old thread. While the F.I. sounds great as there is no more adjusting the carbs, the FI systems has the same issue. I had the Wild Bro FI on my bike for a while and I always had to travel with a tablet to do adjustments. You need to drill and weld a bung on your exhaust for an O2 sensor. You need to drill and install a fuel pump on your gas tank. You will need to dyno the bike to set up the base configuration. The FI system ran really rich and was hard to get that magic 14.7 -1 ratio. I never was able to get a nice curve but generally it performed pretty good. I'll see if I can find the dyno but I was able to get 120 hp out of with a kerker 4-1 with the small baffle. Unfortunately, unlike your car, this was not a set once and forget system.

Latest posts

Back