Bad Gas ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sluggo

Reaction score
Bike started popping and backfiring about 5-6 miles after a fill up. mostly at idle or coasting to stoplight. I figure bad gas /filter. Will redo shotgun the next couple of days and may drain and replace gas in tank. Any other suggestions ?
sluggo

Sluggo said:
Bike started popping and backfiring about 5-6 miles after a fill up. mostly at idle or coasting to stoplight. I figure bad gas /filter. Will redo shotgun the next couple of days and may drain and replace gas in tank. Any other suggestions ?
sluggo
Sluggo,Running some seafoam or techron wouldn't hurt to clean things up also.Shot gun never hurts.What clip are your needles on to run tboost and vboost together.I know others running vboost and stage 7 but I think it makes it awefully hard to tune that way.Its either really lean down low then richer than hell in the middle on the needles. Shawn

Don't really remember the clip settings off hand. It has always run great with the 7+t-boost and only pops and/or backfires sometimes while warming up. Have to use a small amount of choke to start but runs great after warmup. I will check all the main items tomorrow . I have 20,000 on the orginal fuel filter so it may be time to check. I am about 80% sure it is bad fuel. I always use Chevron with the techolene (?) added.Usually use 87 octane.

Sluggo said:
sluggo

Why don't you try a gas treatment for water, as water from condensation is to viscous for the jets.

John

Sluggo said:
Don't really remember the clip settings off hand. It has always run great with the 7+t-boost and only pops and/or backfires sometimes while warming up. Have to use a small amount of choke to start but runs great after warmup. I will check all the main items tomorrow . I have 20,000 on the orginal fuel filter so it may be time to check. I am about 80% sure it is bad fuel. I always use Chevron with the techolene (?) added.Usually use 87 octane.
If it just started with the new fill up I would take a flashlight and look into the tank to see if there is water in it (will look like a bubble of air on the bottom) or if there is a lot of accumulative debris, I would change filter. In either case, filter is not the problem. Drain bowls to see if water is the cause. If no H2O comes out, then shotgun is needed because of slight stoppage.

Latest posts

Back