Mid Michigan Rally - Benny's Bike Rally

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warbeast

Reaction score
I'm probably going to be heading to this event one of the three days it is scheduled for. I just thought I would share it with the rest of the maxers out there. If anyone is thinking of heading out, give me a shout and I'll make sure to try and meet up with ya.

bennysbikerally.org
Entertainment :

Pro-Series Flat Track Motorcycle Race (450cc Shootout)

This awesome Motorcycle Race is coming to the Midland County Fairgrounds on Thursday, June 18th, 2009. Benny's Bike Rally 2009 is excited to host this 450cc Pro-Series race planning to see some of the greatest names in racing. An $8000 purse is up for grabs enticing more riders than we have room for.
Dating to pre-World War II years, Flat Track is a uniquely American form of motorcycle racing. Riders pitch their bikes sideways into the turns, inches apart from each other, at speeds of over 140 mph. Drafting on the long straights keeps the field close and provides the closest finishes in motorcycle racing. This legendary race style is renowned for fast racing, intense drafting wars, and multiple lead changes on every lap. Often a photo finish camera is needed to reveal the winner at the end of a furious race to the finish line.

Whitey Morgan - http://www.myspace.com/whiteymorgan

whiteymorganthumb.gif

Whitey Morgan hails from Flint, Michigan. That’s nowhere near Nashvegas. The factories are closed, jobs are scarce and the people are bitter. Whitey sings songs these people can relate to. In the spirit of Waylon, Merle and Willie; Whitey’s melodies help people forget their problems for a few hours and serve as the guideline for drinking sorrows away. The halftime groove brings out everyone’s dancing shoes and while Whitey plays, the world is a better place.
This has not gone unnoticed outside of Flint, as Whitey Morgan has shared the stage with Shooter Jennings, David Alan Coe, Hank Williams III, Richie Albright and Leon Russell. The acclaim for his voice and style has been universal and resounding.

Duke Tumatoe - http://duketumatoe.com/

dukethumb.gif

The man who couldn’t resist titling his 2001 holiday album “It’s Christmas (Let’s Have Sex)” would like people to know he’s not all about the joke. “There’s a great deal of musical ability in the band,” Tumatoe said. They focus on the music, “just as much as on the twists in the lyrical content.” Tumatoe learned drums at 10, moved to guitar as a teen, and became active playing in the Chicago area in the ’60s.
He grew up on the South Side, in the exact time and space of the golden era of electric blues. He knew, and played with, the greats, and now can’t believe that he took that for granted as a kid, Tumatoe said. “Those guys were kinda like available, just as a natural course of daily activity. … You never thought it was such an earth-shaking experience to have grown up in the crux of all that but it really, really is.” Tumatoe knew all the “old guys,” he said, ran into them every day. “Played with a lot of them,” Tumatoe said. “Muddy (Waters), Willie Dixon, Bo Diddley — who’s still with us — Buddy Guy — who’s still with us … Albert King, J.B. Hutto. … Having grown up in that city, you just experience that stuff.”

Other Bands

Other Entertainment

• Rebel Girl Bikini Contest (Thurs, June 18th)
  • American Hellriders Wall of Death (Various Show Times all Weekend)
  • Bike Games (Saturday, June 20th)
  • Ride-in Bike Show (Saturday, June 20th)
  • Body Painting Contest (Friday, June 19th)
  • Burnout Pit
  • Mechanical Bull Riding
  • Beer Tent
  • Professional Photography
  • Vendors
Ticket Info :

*Ticket prices include all entertainment, camping and parking
Daily ticket

• $25.00 (Can only be purchased at gate during Benny's Bike Rally)
All weekend ticket (Thurs, Fri and Sat)

• $55.00 Pre-sale Advantage Price (Ending May 31st, 2009)
  • $65.00 Regular Price (Starting June 1st, 2009)
Tickets may be purchased at the above prices online < HERE >or at the Midland Fairgrounds Office

Other Information

We have over 500 full hook-up campsites and more than enough rustic sites available. Camp sites are filled on first come, first serve basis, so please get there early. Gates open at 8:00am on Wednesday, June 17th, 2009. If you wish to arrive earlier than June 17th, a $25 per day charge will apply.

Last edited:
That looks great Warbeast! I will definatly will try to be there that, looks like a good time, although work may interfere...:damn angry::damn angry::damn angry:

Conflict of dates may keep me from all but the Thursday. BUT, that may just work great! Hit that rally in Midland on Thurs then continue to the U.P. Yeehaw! Rally mania!

Latest posts

Back