Unlocking Vmax-what exhaust?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tellmeall

Reaction score
Hi to everyone
I have Japanese version of vmax(100hp) and I'm making it full version.
I have a dynojet stage 1,k&n air filter and I need to change exhaust(Japanese mufflers have smaller holes).
And now is my question. Which one should I choose? Stock or some aftermarket mufflers? I want to have good sound and performance. I like the stock mufflers look,but maybe there is something better?
And what is important,I don't want to spend a lot of money,so I don't consider full exhaust system.
Ps.what is the size of exhaust pipes? Cause I don't know if is there any difference between full and Japanese version.
Greetings

Well to get the full potential of the Vmax, it will have to be an aftermarket full exhaust, like a kerker 4-1, Marks, Hindle 4-1. While slip on mufflers will change the exhaust tone of the bike, they wont do anything for the performance. I myself liked the kerker slip on mufflers when I had them.

Hope this helps.

And I wouldn't bother with stag 1.... Get a stag 7 or Morley kit....marks are great pipe and mufflers,look great sound awesome.....
I have stock head pipes blk that I can sell....along with stk blk mufflers but that prob cost too much to ship

With stock exhaust (better than slip ons) keep stock carburetion, Stage7 or Morley are better with full exhaust ..
To unlock the JP version :
-swap US TCI or Dyna or Ignitech
-Install Vboost
-Remove speed limiter
-I don 't remember if the AAC are the full power ones, if not, swap with US ones.

true...also not sure. ..on Japan bikes is it like Cali bikes.send up for smog..need chg air jet from 100 to 90? for get if its paj1 or paj2....danny help?

And I wouldn't bother with stag 1.... Get a stag 7 or Morley kit....marks are great pipe and mufflers,look great sound awesome.....
I have stock head pipes blk that I can sell....along with stk blk mufflers but that prob cost too much to ship

+1, I have been undoing the Stage 1 kit that came with my bike, it's pretty far from what the bike really needs, definitely call Morley's and get your jetting needs taken are of correctly without wasting money. I would skip the Dynajet kit altogether.

Sean sells Dynojet too, so it's a matter of preference. I have a DJ Stage 7 & a UFO 4/1 w/a literbike canister adapted to it for quiet running.

I have a VBoost system in the parts for sale, sounds like you need one.

Thank you for answers
I will choose stock exhaust. I received a stage1 as a f
Gift so I won't throw it away ;)

Latest posts

Back