Bypass the Crimp Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ga_max

Reaction score
Since my max at 2000rpm only has about 13.05 volts across the batter terminals I thought I'd do the bypass this weekend. I took off the left side passenger foot peg plate (which was a pain). After looking at the connections I decide to follow the wires from the RR to see where they went too. It looks like the red wire splits from the whites right near the connection from the Stator (see picture). Is this the wire that I can direct to the battery with a 30 amp fuse ? Just want to make sure before I broke anything. Thanks

Attachments

• bypass-crimp.JPG
    bypass-crimp.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 37
If that red wire comes directly off the R/R it's the one. If you follow it further downstream it should go into the crimp. Pretty sure the R/R on your bike gets it's ground through it's connection to the footpeg bracket, and the brackets connection to the frame. Not a bad idea to make up a ground wire, attach it to one of the R/R mounting screws and go straight to the neg. side of the battery with it.

Or find a newer model finned R/R, which has a ground wire and run that to the neg. battery terminal.

Its the older one but it looks like the PO added a ground wire since one was running from one of the mounting screws. The reb wire comes from the bundle with 3 white wires. Is there a way to check the voltage at the red wire ?

Its the older one but it looks like the PO added a ground wire since one was running from one of the mounting screws. The reb wire comes from the bundle with 3 white wires. Is there a way to check the voltage at the red wire ?

The red one that comes from the R/R, you can put inline 30amp fuse & run that straight to the + batt

Latest posts

Back