Just got my first Vmax! Advice for me, intro for you!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect, they were in fact done by UFO - he showed me a very expensive receipt xD

With that said, it's good to know that they don't need to be jetted! Means I can blow money on other things :D

So am I wrong to say this thing may push out close to 155 HP and 100+ tourqe?

Perfect, they were in fact done by UFO - he showed me a very expensive receipt xD

With that said, it's good to know that they don't need to be jetted! Means I can blow money on other things :D

So am I wrong to say this thing may push out close to 155 HP and 100+ tourqe?

I would guess more in the 130-135 HP Range

Awh that's rough, I saw on their site they said 140 HP and 90tq from the Vgas, so I assumed the full exhaust might give it a nice boost to let it move the air. Regardless, I'm sure it will scoot me back in my seat!

Awh that's rough, I saw on their site they said 140 HP and 90tq from the Vgas, so I assumed the full exhaust might give it a nice boost to let it move the air. Regardless, I'm sure it will scoot me back in my seat!

I am sure on there site that was with one of there full exhaust systems & maybe some tampering with the Dyno numbers . You could get lucky & see 140 bit I would not count on it with a stock motor.

A similar setup made around 125 rwhp when we tested it. I would not hold my breath for much more then that. Fuel mileage is also going to suck and you're going to smell like fuel after you get done with your ride.

I've had a few customers convert back to the stock carbs, get the same power, increased fuel economy, and don't stink when they get done. The Keihin carbs work better for the big bore bikes.

Sean

What is a good 18 inch rear rim? I want to run a 180 without notching the swingarm, is that possible with an 18 inch rim?

The Carrs are amazing looking and quality but for now at least, I'd rather only replace the rear rim and get some radials on there (poor college student)

Also, do you guys think it's an unwise decision to drop 10-15k on this bike over the course of its life instead of just upgrading to the Gen 2 for a new foundation?

headlight, shifters, rear+front suspension upgrades, fender elim, rotors+brakes, frame brace/motor mounts, motor cowl, radial rims (only rear is needed) and radial tires front+back, functional ram air from UFO (maybe on this one)

And that would be my "phase one"

Phase two would be down the road when I need to rebuild the motor/I have graduated college and make lots of money

Rebuild entire motor with gaskets + bore it + cam + better rods and other stuff + anything else it needs (o-rings, pistons, idk), replace the gears with new ones and maybe a higher speed 5th gear), nos can, shift guage, Carr rims/new tires, maybe a chain drive conversion, ohlin's $1500 suspension (would it be worth it over the 440s?), r1 front forks, a new paint job

So obviously Phase 1 isn't going to have a good ROI but it will still only be 4.5k to 5k into a great, performing, customized bike.

Phase 2 gets a bit like "I hate EFI so I'm going to be illogical" even though I like EFI. But it still sounds like a cool idea all the same! I'd basically have a beautiful, one of a kind, performing bike with (I'd imagine) over 200HP easily since it'd be chain drive with a bored motor, different compression pistons etc.

Opinions?

I have an 18 RC rim. I have been told that I have the last one made. I run a 180 tire without notching the swing arm, because the wheel is offset about 1/4 of an inch to the right. This wheel is VERY similar to the UFO max daddy. Some people have had issues with UFO.....some people havent. ME PERSONALLY, The people that I know that have had issues with UFO, I wont ever deal with them.....but again....thats just me.

Boxenstop is supposed to do a weldup version of the stock wheel, but I dont know if they are 17 or 18 inch.

Sean has talked about buying blanks.....and making his own wheel, like the RC. With the 18 inch wheel, you have the same rpms as with the stock wheel. With the 17 inch wheel, it does raise the rpms a bit. I think about 500 rpm at 70.

Firemedic has a friend that is doing the 17 inch weldup wheel, and currently has a 17 for sale.

LOL....to me cost isnt an issue....people need to do what they like, if they plan on keeping the bike. Mine was 6200 when I bought it....and Ive put about that much into it for extras.

Attachments

• user8061_pic8938_1394308717.jpg
    user8061_pic8938_1394308717.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 16
What is a good 18 inch rear rim? I want to run a 180 without notching the swingarm, is that possible with an 18 inch rim?

The Carrs are amazing looking and quality but for now at least, I'd rather only replace the rear rim and get some radials on there (poor college student)

Also, do you guys think it's an unwise decision to drop 10-15k on this bike over the course of its life instead of just upgrading to the Gen 2 for a new foundation?

headlight, shifters, rear+front suspension upgrades, fender elim, rotors+brakes, frame brace/motor mounts, motor cowl, radial rims (only rear is needed) and radial tires front+back, functional ram air from UFO (maybe on this one)

And that would be my "phase one"

Phase two would be down the road when I need to rebuild the motor/I have graduated college and make lots of money

Rebuild entire motor with gaskets + bore it + cam + better rods and other stuff + anything else it needs (o-rings, pistons, idk), replace the gears with new ones and maybe a higher speed 5th gear), nos can, shift guage, Carr rims/new tires, maybe a chain drive conversion, ohlin's $1500 suspension (would it be worth it over the 440s?), r1 front forks, a new paint job

So obviously Phase 1 isn't going to have a good ROI but it will still only be 4.5k to 5k into a great, performing, customized bike.

Phase 2 gets a bit like "I hate EFI so I'm going to be illogical" even though I like EFI. But it still sounds like a cool idea all the same! I'd basically have a beautiful, one of a kind, performing bike with (I'd imagine) over 200HP easily since it'd be chain drive with a bored motor, different compression pistons etc.

Opinions?

Man I love your enthusiasm, full throttle. ....:clapping:

I too, can appreciate your enthusiasm, but it occurs to me that the bike you are looking to build is already available, turn key....a Gen 2 fits the bill pretty well, and you'll have as much, if not more, into your current bike to attain similar performance. I have both a Gen 1 and Gen 2, and can tell you that the Gen 2 is light years ahead of the Gen 1 in every aspect. I can still love the Gen 1 for what it is, but have been neglecting it since the 2010 showed up, so it's probably going up for sale in the spring. The Gen 2 have been holding their value pretty well, so ROI is also something to factor. Just sayin'... :biglaugh:

The gen 2 is a great bike but not as much aftermarket support for it yet compared to the gen 1. It's also a lot larger price point to start but you also get a lot more to start with too.

The gen 1 still is pretty classic and though maybe would cost more to get to the same level as the gen 2 you would also have a bike you built to your specific tastes.

The main point is you can't go wrong with either choice you make!

Sean

Back