Installing Progressives...what else?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffee_brake

Reaction score
I already have the new Progressive brand progressive springs. I know about the Silkolene.
I've installed Progressives in my Kawasaki, but all I did was drop in the new springs and put in ATF.
I'm hearing about spacers and emulators. I've never seen an emulator. What do I do when I open up these forks? I'm after getting rid of the pogo effect and whatever else will make it handle better, I don't need it lowered or anything.

Thanks everyone, the new seat and the fan switch were great on this last weekend motorcycle camping trip!

I already have the new Progressive brand progressive springs. I know about the Silkolene.
I've installed Progressives in my Kawasaki, but all I did was drop in the new springs and put in ATF.
I'm hearing about spacers and emulators. I've never seen an emulator. What do I do when I open up these forks? I'm after getting rid of the pogo effect and whatever else will make it handle better, I don't need it lowered or anything.

Thanks everyone, the new seat and the fan switch were great on this last weekend motorcycle camping trip!

Hey CB, gonna do it huh? You'll be pleased with the results.

I would put in new oil & dust seals while you have it apart. I got new copper washers for the bottom bolts too, but this prolly was overkill.

I didn't put emulators in the '99 and the pogo'ing effects were gone, nice flat line braking! No doubt the emulators are great, but they don't come cheap and you will see a huge difference with just the springs.

Also, let me know about the holding tool, it's yours if you want it.

Danny I have a chance to use a super-high-zoot air ratchet. If it doesn't work, the holder will be the way to go. But I don't anticipate that I'll need the holder. Very, very cool of you though, thanks a lot!

So, I basically can do the same thing I did on the Kawasaki...pull the old straight-rates and drop in the Progressives with fresh oil. Right?

Great!

My used '02 came with an '85 owner's manual; anybody know how much air I should put in there, since the forks are different from what the '85 had?

Danny I have a chance to use a super-high-zoot air ratchet. If it doesn't work, the holder will be the way to go. But I don't anticipate that I'll need the holder. Very, very cool of you though, thanks a lot!

So, I basically can do the same thing I did on the Kawasaki...pull the old straight-rates and drop in the Progressives with fresh oil. Right?

Great!

My used '02 came with an '85 owner's manual; anybody know how much air I should put in there, since the forks are different from what the '85 had?

No air with the progressives Jenn.

I'm sure you will think of this but I'll pass this little tid... along anyhow...don't forget to bleed off the existing air in your forks BEFORE loosening the bottom bolt!!
We won't talk on that any further......OK! :bang head:

I'm sure you will think of this but I'll pass this little tid... along anyhow...don't forget to bleed off the existing air in your forks BEFORE loosening the bottom bolt!!

Well hang on here Dan-O - I really think we should elaborate here! Did I hear something about oil spills, splashes, stains and other niceness? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Well hang on here Dan-O - I really think we should elaborate here! Did I hear something about oil spills, splashes, stains and other niceness? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

G- I have no knowledge of the events you referenced, nor have I ever discussed, read, or otherwise been party to such events!! In fact I'm sure I've never even ridden by anyone who was even THINKING of this kind of thing!! :rofl_200:

Back