Iso grips and throttle boss install?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ams21ams

Reaction score
Okay I just ordered the Kurakyn grips and throttle boss from Python.

Anything I should know about doing the swap? Thanks.

Andy

Yes, the glue that they supply with the grips sets VERY quick. Make sure you have the grip positioned the way that you want it when you slide it on. Once movement stops, the glue sets. Period!!

do yu have to use the supplied glue? i have used hairspray before.......it doesnt set qwite so fast.......what about soapy water?? that works well also.....

just thowing it out there...:ummm: suggestion wise dontcha know...:biglaugh:

do yu have to use the supplied glue? i have used hairspray before.......it doesnt set qwite so fast.......what about soapy water?? that works well also.....

just thowing it out there...:ummm: suggestion wise dontcha know...:biglaugh:

i don't think u can use that for metal grips on either metal bars or the plastic throttle tube...

I have used a different glue on my grips after I removed them to be powder coated. I used Loctite Gel Superglue (available at Home Depot). This glue allows more working time & it holds just as good as the glue supplied by Kuryakyn.

HELP!

Ok. No problems on the clutch side, but I'm not too sure about the throttle.

The throttle sleeve has a raised ring next to the switch housing that the grip does not go over.
I slid the grip on....looks like shit with a gap, gotta do something.......

Do I break out the Dremel and grind it down? :confused2:

It doesn't look like I can cut out the inside of the grip without screwing the integrity of the rubber insert........

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• DSCF0349.jpg
    DSCF0349.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF0352.jpg
    DSCF0352.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF0354.jpg
    DSCF0354.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 71
i'd say ur probably ok grinding it, but check w/others first!

The raised ring positions the stock chrome ring on the inside of the grip. I always have to grind it down to add a friction type throttle lock (on two Maxes of my own and on several friends Maxes). No problem grinding it down unless you plan to put the stock setup back on. Then the chrome ring will not stay neatly against the grip.

The raised ring positions the stock chrome ring on the inside of the grip. I always have to grind it down to add a friction type throttle lock (on two Maxes of my own and on several friends Maxes). No problem grinding it down unless you plan to put the stock setup back on. Then the chrome ring will not stay neatly against the grip.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!:clapping:

Be carefull not to grind it down too far as it will weaken as break as mine did.... Not sure what to do at this point other than order a new control and try grinding it down again.

anyone have any other suggestions?

Latest posts

Back