Coolant Res. drain hose leak.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlopes

Reaction score
Aloha guys. Well, I just rebuilt the motor and it was running fine. On the first ride, saw the weep hole was leaking....so i rebuilt the water pump. Weep hole is good now.

Filled her up with coolant and started her up. Got her hot and fan kicked on. I noticed some coolant on the ground right under the coolant reservoir drain hose. So all the coolant that was in the reservoir is gone and it kept leaking out of that drain hose. Its not a pour, but a drip. Why would it drain the reservoir all the way and keep leaking from the hose? Too much fluid? Too much system pressurization?

Suggestions or explanations?

You should fill the system at the junction cap all the way up and then the overflow tank to the full cold line (which is not much over half way). IF it ends up pushing coolant out of the engine and into the overflow (and eventually out of the drain secondary hose) then it's either got a bad cap OR it's got a bad head gasket.

Latest posts

Back