What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New mirrors & shorty levers from China. :biglaugh:

Attachments

• levers & mirrors1.jpg
    levers & mirrors1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 59
  • levers & mirrors2.jpg
    levers & mirrors2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 52
  • levers & mirrors3.jpg
    levers & mirrors3.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 57
  • levers & mirrors4.jpg
    levers & mirrors4.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 62
Photo 3 reminds me of something I thought I'd deleted from memory. Was speaking to a bloke last week who was sitting on a level above me and he had a pair of shorts on a little shorter than you had on....:th_11:

How do you find the mirrors under the bars? I had a similar pair on a streetfighter and found I had to move my eyes from the road for too long for them to be of any use.

How do you find the mirrors under the bars? I had a similar pair on a streetfighter and found I had to move my eyes from the road for too long for them to be of any use.
I wouldn't put them on if they didn't work perfectly. It's that neck bracket that holds the bar end much lower, so you can see behind you with no problem:biglaugh:

All I did for Woona today was drop off the last items for her to have her up and running again.
THANK YOU, Sean Morley, for being the blessed savior that you have once again proven yourself to be!
With any luck, I shall be riding her again by the end of the week

Some of the other guys on here who ran that (the CyberMax) said the light dispersal and output was worse than the stocker, please post-up your experience. You could always hot-wire your old stocker and have someone hold it alongside the Exactrep system for an A/B comparison, showing output down the block for long distance and on a wall or garage door for cut-off and pattern.

It looks menacing, doesn't it? If you had one of those Predator helmets and rode around w/that thing for a headlight, w/Predator's two-ended weapon slung over your shoulder, only the most aggressive, psychotic drivers would be willing to challenge you.

And, "Redbone," thanks for the gal w/the meat closer to the bone. I liked the redhead, but this one is a good change.

The output from this particular one is pretty awesome, but it's been hacked, and the damn bulbs aren't staying up in the lenses. It's got two HID bulbs shoved into the lenses, but I don't think they are fastened correctly. I really love the look of this thing, so much that if I can't get it all jiving properly I might send it out to someone like Sean if he would tackle getting those bulbs mounted in there right. When I fire it up and push them the whole way in, the light output is very good, but they receed back out as the bike runs, looks like someone put them in, but only kind of in. Off she comes in the next few days for some investigation, I'll post pics here once I get a good look at her. I'm gonna do my damndest to get this thing working. :)

Joe

Got my chin spoiler/belly pan in the mail from Sean the other day. The paint work looks amazing! I know black isnt the easiest color to paint but ive got no gripes about it! No one the bike pics yet as installation wont happen til winter sets in, but i can give a teaser, lol. Hopefully i can get my tail section painted over the winter and get some rubber for my Carrs so i can have a "different" bike by spring, lol.

Attachments

• CAM00089.jpg
    CAM00089.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 33
Just ordered UB12220 22ah 420 cca sealed agm battery for 35.15 from ApexBattery, thanks to Dman999.
http://www.apexbattery.com/ub1220-12v-22ah-battery.html if you add apex5 code you get 5% discount

While im waiting for the batt, I change the oil ( Rotella ) & installed K&P hi-flow oil filter.

Next, R1 r/r

Attachments

• 20141029_185359.jpg
    20141029_185359.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 39
Big day for my Max yesterday. She met John Fubar for the first time.
New Shinko's, progressive springs, 1\2" drop in the front, differential gear swap and frame braces. Ditched a crappy oil pressure guage the PO installed. Last but not least, wider handlebars and the washer fix. The 2 hour ride home was like on a new Machine! It was a pleasure meeting John and a positive experience with someone that has a passion for the V-Max

Mike

FINALLY! Got Woona back from the shop, and it felt DAMN good riding again today. A bit chilly, but I didn't care. It could have been a Category 5 hurricane outside, and I was still gonna go for a ride lol.

I am in good spirits today, having finally gotten a dose of two wheeled therapy again.

Sold it, then bought a new 2013 Triumph Thunderbird Storm in satin gray. Love it. Tired of constantly working on these admittedly cool bikes. Plan to just ride now. But still love you guys and am not leaving the forums

The T-birds look like a TR-6 from the mid-'60's, I think. You should have a lot-less problems w/that new ride. Ride safely, and enjoy riding instead of wrenching.

Sold it, then bought a new 2013 Triumph Thunderbird Storm in satin gray. Love it. Tired of constantly working on these admittedly cool bikes. Plan to just ride now. But still love you guys and am not leaving the forums
images
images
images
images
images

Took Redbone out of the trailer and washed and wiped her down in the sun. Also added some Seafoam to the near full tank since I'm not sure of the next ride day. I may ride to work tomorrow since it's supposed to warm up some. Hopefully I can get out of work early enough to log some miles.

Started takin her apart for some winter service. May have some parts coming up for sale soon, lol.

Rode it hard. Until today, I never rode more than 12 miles to work. But today I rode 200 miles with seven other riders, mostly at 80+ MPH. we stopped twice for gas, once to stretch our legs, once for breakfast and still got home before lunch. About 1/2 of the ride was on winding mountain roads. GREAT morning out on the Vmax ! !

Placed some cardboard under her because of a tiny weep of coolant out of the Drain - Pour valve. Changed the O-Ring with one from Harbor Freight, which are not the best made. Even though they state it as being hi-temp, nitrile rubber, O-Rings, you can see they are molded two halves together.
Well, those halves don't line up perfectly and leave a ridge around the OD. I ordered the one from Yamaha (orange in color), yesterday. Hopefully it will resolve the issue. Way too windy to ride today here in NJ.

Got a fresh, unsmashed, un-ugly stereo box'd, new to me from fleabay airbox cover on the way.

Just ordered UB12220 22ah 420 cca sealed agm battery for 35.15 from ApexBattery, thanks to Dman999.
http://www.apexbattery.com/ub1220-12v-22ah-battery.html if you add apex5 code you get 5% discount

While im waiting for the batt, I change the oil ( Rotella ) & installed K&P hi-flow oil filter.

Next, R1 r/r

Cracker,Rican
Nice batteries That's all I used, I do have the Odyssey battery to, I have install it. Just me mind you - you can't beat the UB type batteries for the price.

Attachments

• odyssey battery.JPG
    odyssey battery.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 20
  • UN batteries.jpg
    UN batteries.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 21
A few day's ago, I had to have back surgery been on narcotics for the pass few days. Not able to drive just yet. When wifie lift out for a few hours. I rolled out back funny and lightly work on the bike.

Install, New oil pressure fittings and ran -3an 48" line to a oil pressure gauges 0 to 100, fitting sizes 20m x 1.5 pitch x 10m - x 1/8" thread in the middle. The oil pressure gauge threads on the back are 1/8 I used a 1/8 female x -3an male fitting to connect -3an 48" long hose to the gauge. "O" the gauge I rap around it with black foam tape so not to scratch the handlebar and gauge. I wired tied the gauge to the handlebar.

Install new horn 120db and mounted in front of the radiator on top.
Much better to here now even when motor is running.
Install new front levers, The bushing that comes with the new clutch side level was not deep enough would make the clutch slip when motor is running in gear. I used the yamaha stock 1 witch I had few new 1's.

Change the oil and filter, paint the oil filter cap,

Attachments

• vmax oil gauge.jpg
    vmax oil gauge.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 35
  • vmax oil fitting.jpg
    vmax oil fitting.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 35
  • vmax levers.jpg
    vmax levers.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 33
  • vmax levers 1.jpg
    vmax levers 1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 33
  • vmax horn.jpg
    vmax horn.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 32
  • vmax horn 1.jpg
    vmax horn 1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 32
  • vmax oil cover painted.jpg
    vmax oil cover painted.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 30
Lookin' good! If you get a chance can you shoot a video of the horns sound? That's a great mounting location, right out where it can be heard!

Latest posts

Back