still cant work it out, help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskyman510

Reaction score
Ok so Ive checked all wiring to everything, my indicators still either blink flat out or stay on.
I have a aftermarket acerbis headlight which when its off indicators stay on, low beam extremely fast flash rate. High beam on very fast flash rate.
Engine running indicators will only flash extremely fast if high beam is on.
Cannot slow it down.
My front globes are 8watt and rear are 6watt wedge type, off the shelf I cannot get any higher wattage than this.
I followed the wiring diagram and noticed the L wire(blue) appears to be connected to the indicators, on the bike its connected to the one globe in tail and low beam headlight globe, but this is a live wire when ignition is turned on so if its connected to indicators they stay on,that doesnt help.

What going on and what do I need to do?
If I need resistors or new flasher unit?
The globes arent LED so I didnt think this would give me this much of a headache:bang head:

I think OEM bulbs pull 27 watts each. It sounds, to me, like you are going to need to add in some load resistors to each signal wire to make that flasher unit operate at the correct speed. There are lots of threads around here telling of which resistors to buy, and they are all over ebay.

That blue wire is for the running light side of each indicator, as the OEM signals had dual element bulbs, and one side was the running lights.

I think OEM bulbs pull 27 watts each. It sounds, to me, like you are going to need to add in some load resistors to each signal wire to make that flasher unit operate at the correct speed. There are lots of threads around here telling of which resistors to buy, and they are all over ebay.

That blue wire is for the running light side of each indicator, as the OEM signals had dual element bulbs, and one side was the running lights.

Thanks so much that makes sense now, I`ll do a search on resistors I see what I need :thumbs up:

Back