oil leak/blow by ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TTAmoneypit

Reaction score
had a float stuck over the winter but I didn't realize it I would go out to the shed in the winter to start the bike and let it run to try and avoid carb and battery issues

gas was leaking but in the cramped shed I couldn't see where it was coming from so I just continued to go start it about once a month and let it idle for a little while

summer is here i pull bike out to get abetter look at the leak WTF its not a leak its raw gas coming from the exhaust pipe joints

so today I finally got the stuck float to come loose by tapping on carb with hammer and socket extension and with carb clean shot into the fuel bowl via the vent tubes

also did oil and filter change

last yr I had a small leak on shifter side of bike but now I can see it leaking at the gasket on top almost right under the carbs and its actually spitting oil past the gasket as I rev the bike

so my question is is this proof of excessive blow by? did all the raw gas in that one cylinder ruin the rings and or damage cylinder wall? will a new gasket fix this or am I screwed?

its a 1995 with 26,000mi

I do have a parts bike with only 3,00 mi on it

Back