I'd like to thank

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRL0215

Reaction score
Whoever put the time and effort into creating this board. We need something like this! Hopefully the VMOA will jump on board with sponsorship!

KRL0215 said:
Whoever put the time and effort into creating this board. We need something like this! Hopefully the VMOA will jump on board with sponsorship!
Thanks for the support KLR!:D
I'm not really looking for sponsorship (money wise) from the VMOA. I'm seeing if this can be a replacement for all the different Yahoo groups. If it works, I'd like the VMOA to see this as their forum. I'd like to think they'd pay for the hosting, but if this forum is successful, banner advertising or sponsored forums would pay for the hosting, and even make the VMOA some money. This software supports on line payments so the VMOA store could be here too. There is a lot of potential, but one step at a time. The biggest challenge is getting members to use this forum and move from the email based posting.

yeah thats kinda what I was getting at. It owuld be nice to have all the Vmax riders, and more specifically all the VMOA people in the same place

Great job on the site, it's going to be hard to convince the Yahoo'rs to make the switch, but this type of forum is so much easier to read/search... We should come up with a set of "sticky" topics that sit at the top of some of the headings, answering the 10 most asked forum questions (i.e. aftermarket exhausts, best oil, shocks, furbur fix, jet kits, tire selection, wheels, etc.) Maybe get some of the senior VMOA members to post their opinions on these questions we see over and over again on the Yahoo sites. This forum looks great so far!

I agree, some of the diehards over there will be hard to get to switch. But I did notice a few of them have already signed up over here.

If they would give it a chance they would realize that a forum like this is 100 times better than those Yahoo forums

Perhaps the V Boost section should be designated as the general bike talk forum, and there should be another section for open discussion so people can post funny jokes, or vids, or anything not bike related. That way the general bike discussion doesnt get cluttered with non motorcycle related topics

AcesWild said:
Great job on the site, it's going to be hard to convince the Yahoo'rs to make the switch, but this type of forum is so much easier to read/search... We should come up with a set of "sticky" topics that sit at the top of some of the headings, answering the 10 most asked forum questions (i.e. aftermarket exhausts, best oil, shocks, furbur fix, jet kits, tire selection, wheels, etc.) Maybe get some of the senior VMOA members to post their opinions on these questions we see over and over again on the Yahoo sites. This forum looks great so far!

Hi Ace
I want to update the FAQ on the Nav bar so there is one on most asked questions about the VMax ( like "Is the 85 the fastest?", Can I use synthetic oil..blah blah). I like the idea of a sticky too though. How would you like to write them up for me? You can send it to me as a txt file in a PM.

KRL0215 said:
Perhaps the V Boost section should be designated as the general bike talk forum, and there should be another section for open discussion so people can post funny jokes, or vids, or anything not bike related. That way the general bike discussion doesnt get cluttered with non motorcycle related topics

Good idea Ken!:biggrin: In fact I'm creating it right now. I need feedback on the name of that forum. I'll call it The Coffee Shop for right now.

Very nice! I was just referred to this site from another forum. I really do hope this place takes off. It's kinda cool to be here in the site's early days. I will drop by and contribute when possible. Thanks to all those that have contributed time, effort and money! :cheers00:

A VMax forum - thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I had my son trying to teach me what he knows about website/forum hosting. Thank you sincerely for beating me to it and saving me the trouble. My only complaint about the Max up till this time has been the clunky Yahoo board. Keep up the good word and I'll help to spread the word.

VMOA #4077

its nice to see that we are gaining members. Hopefully that continues and people post up more

Latest posts

Back