Anyone ever do Iron Butt?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never saw the site before but don't know how one would possibly go coast to coast in 50 hours on a 50cc. That is something I would never even want to attempt. I think 3 months with a 1800ish cc engine to go coast to coast would be doable for me :punk: It would be a very indirect route stopping by all the sites along the way.

cc50= Coast to Coast in under 50hrs. It has nothing to do with what size m/c you ride to do it. Go ahead and take your 1800ish bike. I know people that have done it on their Honda Runes. (not me) But I did do 1/4th of a 1000 IB yesterday on my Gen II. I hope I don't get any 'surprises' in the mail within the next week or so because of it. lol

cc50= Coast to Coast in under 50hrs. It has nothing to do with what size m/c you ride to do it.

Went back through the rules. Seems that you're right.
Now what about that guy that tried to do it on a 50cc :rofl_200:?

Iron Butt

How does one do a coast to coast on a 50cc? Are you limited to city streets?

Yes 50cc is coast to coast in 50 hours or less.
Part of the trouble is the documentation, not just the ride. That's what makes the certificates matter, or least for me.

As for a scooter, there is a biannual scooter gum ball rally. Few of those are 50cc. Most are in the 200-250 range. It takes about a week, and you typically spend a lot of time working on your ride in hotel parking lots. That many endless miles running WOT for hours on end takes its toll.

I met a kid a few years back that rode a Honda MB5 from NYC the northern route to Burning Man in Nevada.
Then on his way home he came the southern route I40 to Amarillo down to 20 to Dallas.
Then to Austin where he blew his top end. I met him helped him rebuild the top end and he rode on to New Orleans then up the east coast to NYC.
It took him a month but he indeed did it on a little MB5 I was very impressed...

Back