Stock Wheels Same fittings??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namgats

Reaction score
Hi All and sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find an answer...I've got a 1989 VMax with silver wheels, I want to stay with stock wheels but prefer black...can I just bolt them on, are they the same fitment or did Yamaha alter them slightly for the models up to 2007 that had black wheels? Thanks in advance :)

***Update...Apologies...I found the answer when I had another look, but thanks anyway.. ***

Hi All and sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find an answer...I've got a 1989 VMax with silver wheels, I want to stay with stock wheels but prefer black...can I just bolt them on, are they the same fitment or did Yamaha alter them slightly for the models up to 2007 that had black wheels? Thanks in advance :)

***Update...Apologies...I found the answer when I had another look, but thanks anyway.. ***

85' to 07' wheels are the same

They are interchangable anyway.

Sean was being diplomatic about the prior comment, as there were changes in the wheels. The '85/'86 fronts were like Morris mags, which were very expensive when they were an alternative to the spoked wheels of the 1970's and early 1980's. I think the '85 rear was different, too, but what Sean meant is, they are interchangeable among the years.

Now if you want a really-rare VMax wheel, try to find a 1987 USA-market front or rear, they are as-hard to come-by as good-taste and discretion in the Kardashian household! :rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back