Removing tire from rim

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ga_max

Reaction score
Removed the rear tire following directions here(very easy). Attempted to use zip ties to remove the tire and failed miserably. Started removing the tire using pry bar and screw drivers using cut hose to protect rims. Got one side off but now I stuck. What is the best way to get the last side of the tire off. (breaking the bead via 2x4 worked great.

Doug

Make sure the bead is in the valley of the wheel on the side opposite where you begin to pry. Buy tire irons, the longer the better. Not important for removal but they are for installation. Unless you want to scratch your rim and damage the new tire then keep using screwdrivers as tire irons. Motion Pro make a great tire iron w/a handle end like a screwdriver. Also use water w/dishwashing soap to mount/dismount.

Last edited:
Sound`s creasy,
Lub for removal or instal
Just mix dishes soap with vegetable oil then apply slightly with a paint brush

But don't drink the stufff! :biglaugh:Reading maxrom's vegetable oil recipe somehow reminds me about the fat kid in the cherry pie eating contest from the movie 'Stand by Me.' That kid used castor oil, though. If you've ever seen the movie you cannot forget the end of the pie eating contest. Nothing to do w/changing a tire...

Sound`s creasy,
Lub for removal or instal
Just mix dishes soap with vegetable oil then apply slightly with a paint brush

Thanks for all the help. I went to HF this morning and got 2 24" tire irons, Once I got home it only took me a few minutes to get the tire off the rim :clapping:. Cleaned the rim with a scotch bright pad to make sure thew bead was clean, lubed up the tire and was able to get it mounted in about 15 minutes :eusa_dance:. Added air to set the beads (2 pops), added 2 oz of dyna beads, greased was need to be greased and I'm good to go. Now I just need some nice weather.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 20
Back