Sad day, selling.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellboy

Reaction score
Unfortunately, My dog has been sick for a while and cost us a fair bit of money. We got home from the Vet again today with worse news and It's either put him down or come up with another chunk of green. It looks like I'm going to put The Max up for sale tomorrow. I hate to do it, especially since I've just got it so nice with a brand new Morley Muscle seat but my boy is just too important to me. Yes, he is even more important than my bike. We'll see if it sells, I'm not giving it away. I've had 3 so I'm sure I'll be back soon. Not looking for sympathy or anything really. I wasn't even going to post it but I have loved all of the banter and knowledge shared here and thought I'd let anyone that noticed I was gone, why. If it doesn't sell in time then ignore all of this.

BRISCO 012.JPG

Matt, Brisco's buddy

Sorry to hear about your dog. Hope he gets better soon. Good luck with the sale.

Sorry to here this Matt. Better times are ahead. I hope he pulls through ok. I love animals and understand completely.
I'd strip off most of the custom stuff for your next ride, and sell it stock or close. I'm sure it's in your future.
Steve-o

Thanks for that. I just realised that it sounds like if I don't sell it that I can't have my dog treated. I'm spending the money on my dog, His chances are slim but I have to try. this will leave me with very little reserve, hence the bike is going in order to have a reasonable amount of money in the bank for all those things that come up unexpectedly, like sick pets etc...

Matt

I've had lots of bikes in my lifetime and lots of dogs too but you are making the right decision--
He is mans best friend.
Hope he gets better.

I had a little Pom that I rescued from the shelter, she had bad knees and no one wanted her. I took her and she became my best friend for the next 6 years until she died. I would have sold anything i owned to help her but nothing could be done. I know where your coming from, good luck on the sale and I hope the pup comes through it.

I know how you feel. I have a cat that has been with me thru thick and thin.....and 2 divorces. If she needs anything.....she gets it.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

I know how you feel. I have a cat that has been with me thru thick and thin.....and 2 divorces. If she needs anything.....she gets it.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Your cat got two divorces?:rofl_200:

Sorry to hear about your dog hellboy, my last one a police shepard was keeping warm under my brothers estate wagon when he backed up. She couldn't hear and I had to put two bullets in her. 17 years old and her parents registered on the police dept. Hardest day of my life so far. It was my mothers I looked after when she passed- today is the anniversary of her passing.

I have thrown a LOT of money down for my animals. My wife and I rescue and get no help from any organizations or pet charities . If need be , I am confident my wife would sell all my toys to keep one alive. It's nice to know , at the end of our time , we did the best we could to take care of 'em .

Thanks everyone. Blaxmax, my boy is deaf as well, sorry to hear your story. Making that conscious decision would/will be the hardest part. Rollie, we rescue wildlife as well, mostly birds, but anything that needs help really. I think they cost us more than the pets sometimes. I'm sure everyone with pets in there lives has had a sad experience and have had plenty, the most recent always seems the worst but this time it is, the perfect dog.
I'll post if the bike goes.

Matt

Sorry about your canine, they give us love every day, I know ours does.

sorry to hear sbout your dog

i lost my beautiful German Sherperd to cancer 20 years ago and i still miss him and have not had the happiness of another since.

I just cannot bring myself to do it.

Good luck with the sale!

We lost a beloved dog a year ago yesterday. That's also the 25th anniversary of my Dads passing. It is entirely appropriate in my opinion to pray for an animals recovery or healing, and prayers went out for your buddy..

Sorry to hear about your friend. I would think that there might not be many vmaxes in Australia so that might work to your advantage. Good luck.

Thanks, Not too many here but some nice ones. Generally, they go for $5500 to about $10,000. I'm asking $7500 knowing that you almost never get the asking price. Mine would probably be in the upper end of the "nice" scale but I am prejudice of course. It's a good price and It should sell for about 7. If it doesn't I'll certainly manage and It won't be the worst thing that's happened, I do love it, and didn't expect to sell anytime in the near future. My Dog is doing a bit better on Steroids and other meds hopefully He'll get stronger and end up able to get the operation required. He's happy at the moment. Thanks again.
Here is a link to our version of Craigslist with the vmax's. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-motorcycles/vmax/k0c18626?fromSearchBox=true

Matt

Thanks, Not too many here but some nice ones. Generally, they go for $5500 to about $10,000. I'm asking $7500 knowing that you almost never get the asking price. Mine would probably be in the upper end of the "nice" scale but I am prejudice of course. It's a good price and It should sell for about 7. If it doesn't I'll certainly manage and It won't be the worst thing that's happened, I do love it, and didn't expect to sell anytime in the near future. My Dog is doing a bit better on Steroids and other meds hopefully He'll get stronger and end up able to get the operation required. He's happy at the moment. Thanks again.
Here is a link to our version of Craigslist with the vmax's. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-motorcycles/vmax/k0c18626?fromSearchBox=true

Matt

Sorry you have to sell, Matt. But I understand completely, being a long-time pet owner.
Amazing what Maxes go for in Oz!
At present, the Canadian dollar is about par with the Australian, the U.S. buck is worth about 25% more.
In my area, a 2003 would sell for no more than 4 grand, even in great shape!
I'm thinking of getting a gaggle of Canadian and U.S owners together, shipping our bikes over to Aus. on a tramp steamer, touring your country for a month or two, and them dumping our bikes on your version of Craigslist, making enough profit to pay for the trip and all expenses!
My question - can we crash at your place!:ummm:
Cheers!

Sorry you have to sell, Matt. But I understand completely, being a long-time pet owner.
Amazing what Maxes go for in Oz!
At present, the Canadian dollar is about par with the Australian, the U.S. buck is worth about 25% more.
In my area, a 2003 would sell for no more than 4 grand, even in great shape!
I'm thinking of getting a gaggle of Canadian and U.S owners together, shipping our bikes over to Aus. on a tramp steamer, touring your country for a month or two, and them dumping our bikes on your version of Craigslist, making enough profit to pay for the trip and all expenses!
My question - can we crash at your place!:ummm:
Cheers!

You would certainly be welcome. You'll find it impossible (almost) to tour Australia without extra fuel on a Max though. Can you believe that new Gen 2's go for over $30,000?

P.S. The beer is on me.

Matt

Back