Sad day, selling.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boy Brisco is gone. I had to do the right thing, he just wasn't happy any more. I've been feeding him soft food with a syringe for weeks now and he has had enough. The vet came to the house this morning and he went peacefully on the verandah laying on his bed. I was actually happy that we had a thunderstorm tonight, thunder was the only thing on earth that he was afraid of. It was a good feeling to here the first big loud clap and look up and say, F#@k you! He's not afraid any more. Thanks for all your previous thoughts and nice comments.
Matt
P.S. I guess my bike might be over priced. over 500 views at my ad and not one phone call. I really think if someone wanted one and actually saw it, they would buy it. I can only find 11 for sale in the whole country and only 1 other in Western Australia??? The other one is $5300 and it hasn't sold either. I'm going to give it another 2 weeks, fingers crossed.

My boy Brisco is gone. I had to do the right thing, he just wasn't happy any more. I've been feeding him soft food with a syringe for weeks now and he has had enough. The vet came to the house this morning and he went peacefully on the verandah laying on his bed. I was actually happy that we had a thunderstorm tonight, thunder was the only thing on earth that he was afraid of. It was a good feeling to here the first big loud clap and look up and say, F#@k you! He's not afraid any more. Thanks for all your previous thoughts and nice comments.
Matt
May Brisco Rest In Peace. Take comfort in the facts that you provided him a good life, filled with love, much more than many domestic animals experience.
Having the Vet come to your house is a trend that is catching on in my area. The pet's final moments are spent in familiar surroundings, with their loved ones close. This no doubt make their passing much more peaceful.
Regards, Miles

The deed is done, The Max has sold. He went to a bit of a bike enthusiast that has the V-max on his bucket list of bikes he had to own. It will cover the cost of my vet bills and now for the new puppy. Unfortunately, the Chow Chow is even more rare here in Australia than the V-max, $ 3500 for the only puppies I Can find, ridiculous and outrageous but I have to do it if I want another one it seems. Anyway, thanks to all of you that shared there knowledge and even to those that had differences in opinions on things like helmet laws and the like. It's been good fun and a wealth of invaluable information.

Matt, signing out for now.

The deed is done, The Max has sold. He went to a bit of a bike enthusiast that has the V-max on his bucket list of bikes he had to own. It will cover the cost of my vet bills and now for the new puppy. Unfortunately, the Chow Chow is even more rare here in Australia than the V-max, $ 3500 for the only puppies I Can find, ridiculous and outrageous but I have to do it if I want another one it seems. Anyway, thanks to all of you that shared there knowledge and even to those that had differences in opinions on things like helmet laws and the like. It's been good fun and a wealth of invaluable information.

Matt, signing out for now.

You don't have to leave or be a stranger to the forum Matt. Check in and say hey once in a while.
Steve-o

You can always replace the bike,...loved pets...that's a hard pill to swallow...Been there.
I had an 85 Max about 7 years ago and it was a love hate relationship. It was always in need of work & repair. "It was run hard and put away wet by the last owner." I sold it, but always took notice when I seen another Max cruising around. I secretly missed the old bike. I never realized how much I really enjoyed it. I had many bikes since then and looked for the same "feeling" I got from the Max..but it just wasn't in the other bikes. I finally pulled the trigger this year and bought a 98. It was wonderful being back on the beast. I was once again happy & exited. I love twisting the Wick & feeling the pull when the boost kicks in. Some times you don't realize how much you really enjoy something until its gone. "bikes & Pets".

Funny how you never forget a dog or a bike and especially a good friend with good advice,or a guitar.
Hellboy it would just like that if you did not stay in touch.

Loosing a pet is really tough, very sorry, I know it stings.

Keep the bike up, these bikes are for a narrow demographic, you only need the right buyer to see it once.

Back