Still can't get my bike running right

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
After the dealership screwed up my bike I had another company try to fix it and they couldn't get it running right. Both I and a well known person ( I'll let him chime in if he wants his name associated with my dogging of U Motors in Fargo ND ) Think that the mechanic at the dealership screwed up my carbs and then the next mechanic was chasing ghosts..

We decided that I would take my bike home and remove the carbs and send them to Sean and he is going to get them right.

The second mechanic who's name is Charlie and works for Solid Performance in Fargo worked on this bike for hours off the clock trying to get it to work. I want to thank him publicly on this forum because he has been on here trying to get ideas as to what the hell is wrong with my bike. His name on here is chuckles05 please give him a shout out for trying his best to help me on his own time.. He also told me that he will run it on the dyno when I get my carbs back from Sean at no charge !!

I can't blame him at all for not being able to fix it after U Motors screwed up my carbs. Their mechanic took my carbs apart and cleaned then thoroughly :rofl_200:

That mechanic lied to me so many times I have no idea what he did to my carbs but as Charlie can verify they did something to them...

Sean is the man !!! I have never worked with any business person who worked so hard to help others and went way above and beyond what he had to do.

I just bought a 2001 seat that was taken off the bike to put a Corbin on it and I will be sending in my 2007 seat to have Sean do his thing on it.

Here is the seat

01_seat.jpg

Also I will try to embed a video of my UFO pipes, the bike is running rough because of the messed up carbs but I think you'll get the idea of how it sounds..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyqWX-NdJYA

Ron

I had to do the same thing except I sent mine to mark. Yamaha put some white shit in them that NEVER came out! Just keep using this forum and in the end you will be happy as a pig in shit!

I plan to and I also plan on learning how to work on my own VMAX, Does anyone have any suggestions on a carb sync ? Also what tools will I need besides the normal Craftman tools. I'll need a set of torque screwdrivers right?

Any other suggestion for specialty tools I'll need ?

I plan to and I also plan on learning how to work on my own VMAX, Does anyone have any suggestions on a carb sync ? Also what tools will I need besides the normal Craftman tools. I'll need a set of torque screwdrivers right?

Any other suggestion for specialty tools I'll need ?

Carb Sync: http://www.carbtune.com/

Buy a deep 18mm socket to do (read) your plugs when needed.

Also I will try to embed a video of my UFO pipes, the bike is running rough because of the messed up carbs but I think you'll get the idea of how it sounds..

Ron[/QUOTE]

Ron,

Been following your saga. I believe this video sums up the problems your having with your bike. You can lose 10+ HP with a bad pipe. I believe the person you should be talking to is the man who sold you that pipe. Put a Kerker on it and Sean's kit then put it on a dyno.

Honestly, I have had one customer in the past who had one of the dragstar pipes and put my kit in. He did have a lot of trouble getting it set right but they finally did get it figured out. Maybe Mark can remember and might even know which threads he was posting too.

The UFO pipe does connect differently then most of the other pipes if I remember right. When I mean differently I mean that the pipes merge with opposite pipes compared to others before the final merger. I still don't know if this is or isn't better as I haven't done a back to back comparison with the same bike to know for sure.

Sean

carb synch is a snap on the max.

shure is nice not having to rig up a aux fuel supply:punk:.

i do all the work i am capable of on my bikes....

these message boards are an invaluable tool:punk:

I found this post from Chris.

I present the combination of:
Morley jet kit and UFO 4-1 drag pipe.

162.5 Main
177.5 PAJ2

119.8 hp
79.17 tq

hey ron, i would also recommend a 27mm socket if you don't have one along with an open end. i have a 'gearwrench' knock off 27mm with an open end and rachet on the other. 27mm is for the rear axle bolt, both swingarm bolts and the top stearing nut.

also get yourself a torque wrench. i got one for 25$ from JC whitney that has a 3/8", 1/2" adapter and the hole that they go into is a 17mm, which fits all teh drain plugs on our bikes perfectly!

i just usually use the tool in the pouch to do spark plugs, b/c i have yet to find one thats walls are thin enough to fit in the plug holes on the cylinder heads.

and there is also a $25 carb synch tool from the UK i can point in tha tdirection. i believe it was like $22 with shipping. it only does 2 at a time, but works great for what it is. i have used it once on the vmax and a few times on other bikes since i got it and worked great...

Ron

Ron,

Been following your saga. I believe this video sums up the problems your having with your bike. You can lose 10+ HP with a bad pipe. I believe the person you should be talking to is the man who sold you that pipe. Put a Kerker on it and Sean's kit then put it on a dyno.[/QUOTE]

I won't debate about the pipes because I don't know, what I do know is the bike ran fine before I ever had U Motors touch it trying to install a jet kit. The only reason I installed the kit was because it had the pipes and I thought when you add pipes you always have to re jet or else you will run either rich or lean, the bike wasn't showing me any problems it was in my head. I know a lot of people don't like Jon and I haven't dealt with him enough to know so I just accept what everyone says about him.

If the pipe is my problem I'd sure like to know for sure. Since I am taking the bike apart I can take the pipes off and sell them or trade them for something and buy a new set. But as I said I didn't feel the bike run bad at all before trying to install the kit with the exception it was a bit loud for me. My problems started when U Motors broke down the carbs to clean them...after that my bike wouldn't run right even after putting the carbs back to stock.

Ron

def get 4 column. just easier. my $22 one only does 2 and it'd be nice to have 4

Shit, for $22 get two of them....you'd still be way ahead of the cost of a Carb Tune!!

it compares the vaccuum pressure of two carbs, 2 of them wouldn't really help all that much more.

Back