LCD Digital Speedo / Dash Upgrade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motomick76

Reaction score
I propose to make this thread to be a sticky / how to for rest of Max riders wishing to easily upgrade tachometer / dash.

I purchased a knockoff Koso LCD Tachometer. Also I have COPS with resistor and am inline for new TCI ignition and eliminate VBoost controller.
- Does anyone have wiring diagram to properly wire it into harness so all functions work?
- Does anyone have template to make mounting bracket for unit?
- Has anyone tried integrating fuel gage with sensor? If so, what kind of sensor is needed and how to wire in?
- What is proper way to interface for tachometer?
- What is proper way to setup speed sensor?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402966009.567876.jpg
Second, upgrading the stock dash. I know many have upgraded, but no clear instructions.
- Which gages are most popular? 1.5 or 2 inch? Which brand?
- When using water temp and oil pressure, which ones must be mechanical and electric?
- How are mods made to pod to house gages? Does anyone have pictures or templates to house gages? Faceplate?
- Is there wiring diagram to wire gages?

I have been wanting to do this mod a long time and would greatly appreciate guidance.

Thanks

I'll take some close up pictures of mine and post it. I have the factory manual if you don't.

I used the stock speedo housing as a template for the bracket that actually mounts to the bike. Tach comes off gray wire. Speed sensor needs a plate made. I put mine on a caliper bolt and the magnets in the brake rotor. A fuel sensor that works will require welding on your gas tank.

Those are all the ones I can answer.

I put a Koso on my bike, picked up a sensor from centroid and mounted it in the tank to have a working fuel gauge, just had to drill a couple holes in the top of the tank and cut a hole in the seat pan for clearance. Works great, the bracket that came with the speedo worked for mounting the gauge. Also with the extra room in the pod I put in a new temperature gauge and oil pressure from speedhut, it all came out really nice. PM me for more info.

I put a Koso on my bike, picked up a sensor from centroid and mounted it in the tank to have a working fuel gauge, just had to drill a couple holes in the top of the tank and cut a hole in the seat pan for clearance. Works great, the bracket that came with the speedo worked for mounting the gauge. Also with the extra room in the pod I put in a new temperature gauge and oil pressure from speedhut, it all came out really nice. PM me for more info.

which centroid unit did you get? I don't really feel like r/r my tank AGAIN, but it would be nice to have an accurate gauge.

I talked to Joel at centroid and went over the requirements and he programed the sender to work.

We ordered up two of those sensors when we got the one from Centroid for Scott. Sample pic attached.

Attachments

• Fuel Tank - Gauge Instal 1.jpg
    Fuel Tank - Gauge Instal 1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 158

Latest posts

Back