Easiest way to put it on the center stand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Easiest way to put it on the centrestand

Im 5'10" & 200 lbs & had a lelluva time centerstanding my VMAX 'till I saw the video. I think it's more leverage than ass. Here's what I notice when I stand it - the ball of my right foot is on the stand with ALL my weight on it - my right hand is on the grab rail in FRONT of the turn signal - my right arm is STRAIGHT DOWN by my thigh - I arch my back & try to pull my right arm & foot away from each other, but I don't "curl" my bicep , I keep my arm straight & arch hard - the first second or two it moves very slowly , then suddenly it pops right up as if it were spring-loaded. I use the center stand a lot now yet it still surprises me every time. When I see my brother-in-law in NY next month I want to try this on his Goldwing & see what happens.

Leverage is your friend. I do weigh 125 and can get it on the center stand fairly easy. Left hand on left handle grip, left foot on center stand, right hand on grab rail. Make sure your left leg is bent a bit (this is where the power is coming from). Apply some pressure till you're sure both feet of the center stand are on the ground, then lock your right arm and basically "stand-up" with your left leg.

My larger friends can just "muscle" it onto the center stand, but being a small guy my entire life I've always had to "work smarter", rather than "work harder".

Edit: I just watched that video and that huge guy rides that poor little 250? My little sister can get a 250 Ninja on it's center stand!!

f that did it one time and couldnt get out of bed for 2 days . the easiest way to put it on the centerstand is with a jack :eusa_dance:

With 12 1/2" Progressive shocks it takes a little more effort so I just back the rear wheel up on a piece of 2" x 10," it goes up very easily with that little bit of mechanical advantage.

Yea when I had 12 1/2" shocks it was totally impossible to get mine on the center stand on my own, so I used the plank trick too and it worked great. My plank was only 1/2" thick, but that was enough to make it ok again.

Remember I also have Fatmax bags, so I have to lift the rear using the grab rail behind the seat, as the sides are not accessible..

Since fitting the 13" 440 shocks, all is fine again, and the handling's better too :clapping:

i weigh like 210 ish plus or minus usualy but its very easy if you just step and put all your weight on the step on the centre stand then grab the rail to steady it. shouldn't have to do much to pull it up, your body weight should do it.

i weigh like 210 ish plus or minus usualy but its very easy if you just step and put all your weight on the step on the centre stand then grab the rail to steady it. shouldn't have to do much to pull it up, your body weight should do it.

I only weight 129 lbs... And that aint cutting it as far as getting the Max up on it's center stand. I could fill all my pockets with rolls of quarters, and It still aint going up without muscle and more ass. LOL!

f that did it one time and couldnt get out of bed for 2 days . the easiest way to put it on the centerstand is with a jack :eusa_dance:
"' LOL '" I HEAR THAT , MINES LOWERED , HAVE TO DRIVE THE REAR TIRE ONTO A 2X4 , THEN IT'LL GO UP FAIRLY EASY !:punk:

I only weight 129 lbs... And that aint cutting it as far as getting the Max up on it's center stand. I could fill all my pockets with rolls of quarters, and It still aint going up without muscle and more ass. LOL!
MAN THATS ALL YOU WEIGH COWBOY ? YOU'LL NEED TO BE GIVING SOMEONE A PIGGYBACK TO GET YOUR MAX ON ITS STAND !:rofl_200:I WISH THATS ALL I WEIGHED , MY MAX WOULD BE ALOT FASTER ! :punk:

I think your all missing the obvious. The easiest way to put it on the centerstand is to have someone else do it.

I've always just put my foot on the centerstand, apply a little pressure then lift a little under the seat. it has always popped up no problem.

MAN THATS ALL YOU WEIGH COWBOY ? YOU'LL NEED TO BE GIVING SOMEONE A PIGGYBACK TO GET YOUR MAX ON ITS STAND !:rofl_200:I WISH THATS ALL I WEIGHED , MY MAX WOULD BE ALOT FASTER ! :punk:

yea 82ND u only get so much sympathy from me.. damn it would be a lot faster if i weighed 1/2 that.. jeezus my g/f weighs 100 lbs...

Sorry, I lied! Just put my bike on the center stand......I also use the right foot. Not the left. :worthy:

dan
DANNY'S A BIG DUDE , DONT LET HIM FOOL YOU ! ... I THINK HE PICKS UP HIS MAX WITH HIS LEFT HAND , FLICKS THE CENTER STAND DOWN WITH HIS RIGHT , THEN SET'S IT BACK DOWN GENTLY ! " LOL " :rofl_200:

Last edited:

I thought I was the only one. My Max was my first bike so I had very little experience in the first place. Well, I did my MSF experienced riders course at Ft Bragg NC soon after and the instructor was a female with a Goldwing. Not only was her riding skills impressive on such a big bike but she threw that thing up on the center stand like nobodies business. I was so cherry at this point I hadn't even attempted it. Eventually I figured what the hell and gave it a shot. I mean if this female can throw that Goldwing up with ease then by God I was too. Anyway, I read the manual and gave it a shot. After I damn near dropping it a few times I figured I should quit while I was ahead. Now with my tale between my legs I called the dealership for help. They basically gave the same instructions as the video Jayhawk posted but it just didn't register. Finally I tried something a little different. I basically straddled the bike with my left foot on the ground and the right on the center stand and thrusted forward and rocked it back and viola, up it went. I have been doing it like that since. I guess there really isn't a wrong way just as long as the intent is met. BTW, I don't post much so you guys have a great(and safe) new year. Later. :punk:

I thought I was the only one. My Max was my first bike so I had very little experience in the first place. Well, I did my MSF experienced riders course at Ft Bragg NC soon after and the instructor was a female with a Goldwing. Not only was her riding skills impressive on such a big bike but she threw that thing up on the center stand like nobodies business. I was so cherry at this point I hadn't even attempted it. Eventually I figured what the hell and gave it a shot. I mean if this female can throw that Goldwing up with ease then by God I was too. Anyway, I read the manual and gave it a shot. After I damn near dropping it a few times I figured I should quit while I was ahead. Now with my tale between my legs I called the dealership for help. They basically gave the same instructions as the video Jayhawk posted but it just didn't register. Finally I tried something a little different. I basically straddled the bike with my left foot on the ground and the right on the center stand and thrusted forward and rocked it back and viola, up it went. I have been doing it like that since. I guess there really isn't a wrong way just as long as the intent is met. BTW, I don't post much so you guys have a great(and safe) new year. Later. :punk:

Your straddling it backwards and grabbing the hand rails???
I'm trying to picture this so I can try it. LOL!

Your straddling it backwards and grabbing the hand rails???
I'm trying to picture this so I can try it. LOL!

i wish i had tires and rims on my bike and i'd try it too!!!:ummm::ummm:

Wow. I guess my explanation sucked. Check it out......I am sitting on the bike as I would ride it. I am not grabbing any hand rail just the handlebars. Then I rock forward while pushing down on the center stand with my foot. The way you guys comprehended that it would seem that I was doing palates or something.

Wow. I guess my explanation sucked. Check it out......I am sitting on the bike as I would ride it. I am not grabbing any hand rail just the handlebars. Then I rock forward while pushing down on the center stand with my foot. The way you guys comprehended that it would seem that I was doing palates or something.

OK so you're saying that sitting on the bike, you just rock it back with your foot on the stand?

Or are you saying that you're pushing down on the handlebars holding the front brake, and then on the rebound flicking it on the stand?

:ummm::ummm::ummm:

i just assumed you were an olympic gymnast... anyways, so how do you then rock it 'back' to put it on the centre stand? do you rock forward, brake, then let it rock back?

i feel like u need to make a video and youtube it...

Latest posts

Back