dyna 3000 definitely makes a difference/laconia trip

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odieoh24

Reaction score
so, i finally got a chance to put a few hundred miles on the bike since installing the dyna 3000 and the new digital speedo. previously i was averaging about 102 miles till the low fuel light came on per tank. this was with stock cdi, stock carbs and cobra pipes. at the end of last summer i installed a set of stage 7 carbs i got from the owner of motoboutique (its a "hybrid" kit he put together and had tuned by joe at boxenstopp). the dealership said it was the first time they had ever installed a set of carbs on a bike and had it start and run almost perfect! i then installed the new hmf 4-2 exhaust and the dyna 3000.
i went to laconia on wed and rode to the coast and couldnt believe i averaged close to 45 mpg on the highway and about 40 in town! i am by no means a conservative rider and each tank of gas was ridden at an 80-85mph pace with frequent blasts up to 100 or better. in town riding was alot of lower gear, higher rpm driving. maybe a few 50'-60' rolling burnouts as well. if you're the law, it was'nt me lol.
thur weather pretty much sucked and we did'nt get a chance to ride the new vmax. yamaha had 3 there and the owner had his with the upgraded ecu! fri it was pouring and the weekend wasnt looking promising so i'm home early again this year. i cant remember the last time we had a rain free bike week! still not gonna give up on it though as i manage to have a great time rain or shine. if you get a chance to ride there i suggest you ride out to hampton beach and take the rode that follows the ocean.

later odieoh24

Back