Steering damper

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traumahawk.. it makes a Huge difference i cant explain it... bike reacts way better.. really makes it feel stable. Even with the buffetting from your shoulders dont affect the bike at all anymore. It makes u feel like u neeeeeed to go faster.... u can whack on the throttle at high speed and no effect.. no wobble no weave just reacts to your body lean.. im amazed.. really happy.. best mod ive ever made and best of all it looks sweeeeeeet

it makes a Huge difference i cant explain it... bike reacts way better.. really makes it feel stable. Even with the buffetting from your shoulders dont affect the bike at all anymore. It makes u feel like u neeeeeed to go faster.... u can whack on the throttle at high speed and no effect.. no wobble no weave just reacts to your body lean.. im amazed.. really happy.. best mod ive ever made and best of all it looks sweeeeeeet

Hi, sorry to eavesdrop but I joined this forum and V4musclebike to get ideas on improving the stability of my Vmax. I've swapped the Bridgestones for Avons, had the head bearing replaced and dropped the forks in the yokes 1" and still it weaves when I'm overtaking lorries on the motorway and wobbles under hard engine braking. Was about to give up and stick it on Ebay this weekend but began researching the top mounted Hyperpro steering damper.

Have you got the RSC (Reactive speed control or the CSC (Constant speed control)?Also, my garage swears that that a steering damper will cause white lining but what's your experience?
Thanks

I have the RSC one, it's a great unit.
What is white lining? I can tell you that at speed with the clicker adjusted bike feels very stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. Thanks for the quick response.
White lining is where you're changing lanes or lane splitting, you ride over the painted white lines on the road surface and the bike squirms around like you've hit a patch of diesel. The old Bridgestones were terrible for that
Looks like I'll be ordering my own RSC unit this afternoon!

Yes you do need to adjust it in extreme cases
If I know I'm going all out I go a bit stiffer
But set at middle is good for both highway and street
It's easy to adjust in seconds

Out on mine now
Speedo isn't working so not sure how fast I was going but it was 8000 rpm in fifth lol and steady as a rock

Patmax got Captains Hyperpro. Side mount set up which does not bother me.

I have the side mount one and I can tell a pretty big difference between all the way on and all the way off. There are five clicks to full on and I found that two-three clicks works pretty good for all around riding but I like to crank it up for wide open highway stuff.. I had it full on yesterday and topped the bike out..9k 5th gear..it looked like about 143mph on the speedo but I was just shooting it glances. hate to take my eyes off the horizon at that speed. oh yea I have D404 rear, stock wheel, 1" lowered front w/ progressive springs pretty much all stock bike.

Image0404.jpg

Fitted the Hyperpro RSC Steering damper and ...WOW! Completely transformed the bike. I have mine set to level 15 and it feels much more confident in the twisties and barely flinches in crosswinds & turbulence at speed.

After reading more about weaves & wobbles and hopping around other forums i.e. Triumph Bonneville I think rider weight is the critical factor. Would also explain why my mechanic (at 15stone) was mystified why I (11stone) said it handled like a shopping trolley

Thanks for all the info, no way I'm selling it now

View attachment 49792

Fitted the Hyperpro RSC Steering damper and ...WOW! Completely transformed the bike.
I had this Hyperpro for 10 years before it started leaking all over the place. Soooo, I got this one from China. Seems to work OK after 3 years, no leaks so far.

Attachments

• hyper pro1.jpg
    hyper pro1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 33
  • damper2.jpg
    damper2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back