No clutch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torszula

Reaction score
I needed to loosen a bolt on the clutch mater cylinder so I could remove the front fork spring. After tightening in back up I barely have a clutch. The bolt has a rubber boot over it and is tightened into the master cylinder. Did I get air in the system?

yup. next time just unbolt the whole master assembly.

Also, look on the bright side. Reverse bleeding (up from the bottom) will be a great solution for you since the air should be almost all at the top.

I have bled the master cylinder after replacement by filling resivoir about 2/3 and repeadedly lightly squeezing and releasing clutch lever. Be sure and use protection of the bike from errant drips of fluid.
If the small bleed hole at bottom of resivoir isn't clogged, and haandlebars positioned to make banjo end highest, a tiny air bubble will exit every time the lever is released.
Keep squeezing and releasing over and over, maybe 100 or more times until no bubbles come out.
Takes some patience but works great if there's no air in the rest of the system.

C:\Users\Olivia\Desktop\slave clean\20150329_162844.jpg
Something like this

Wow was the fluid dirty! the reverse method works great and is so easy! I pushed new fluid in while removing the dirty fluid as it was pushed out. someone should have warned me of the geyser that would be coming! Hit my wife right in the face. It was actually pretty funny after listening to her bitch about helping out.

Glad it worked well. I don't use my Mityvac for clutches anymore, just a 60 ml syringe. If you use a medical one instead of a mechanics syringe be sure to clean & dry the rubber of the plunger as it may swell to uselessness if left w/brake fluid on it.

Your wife's dilemma brings to mind all sorts of dirty jokes. Hope she didn't get any in her eyes.

Last edited:
Wow was the fluid dirty! the reverse method works great and is so easy! I pushed new fluid in while removing the dirty fluid as it was pushed out. someone should have warned me of the geyser that would be coming! Hit my wife right in the face. It was actually pretty funny after listening to her bitch about helping out.
There's a joke in there some where :rofl_200:

And what a difference the new fluid has made in the smoothness of the shifting.

Latest posts

Back