Michelin Pilots?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax2extreme

Reaction score
Anyone try the Michelin Pilot Power 3 or Pilot Road 3 radial tires? Trying to decide which to go with for new tires now...

What about the Shinko Verge 016 too? Comparing all three now to consider.

Update: I'm running stock swingarm with dymag 17" wheels.

Mike, I don't use the Shinko 016 but love the 009 on my 17 rim. It does excellent in the rain as well. We got hit hard in Eureka Springs and I slid very little in the corners. I bought front and back from bike bandit for about $150 with free shipping. This is on a Gen 1.

Hows the overall performance of the ride? I tend to get aggressive on my cornering too. I like the radials with the dry and wet ratings and thats why I've been considering the dual compounds too.

Mike, I don't use the Shinko 016 but love the 009 on my 17 rim. It does excellent in the rain as well. We got hit hard in Eureka Springs and I slid very little in the corners. I bought front and back from bike bandit for about $150 with free shipping. This is on a Gen 1.

Mike, great performance. I didn't take it easy in the corners and scraped pegs a few times. I'm running Cycle 1 Off wheels and Racetech front end which helps a lot.

I love the PR3 I installed 6 montgs ago but didn't ride much. They seem to offer much more grid than the z6. I haven't slide the rear on hard downshifting since I changed my tires. I haven't tested them much on the wet since the rainy season just started but the few times I did, the bike felt predictable.

The reviews in general are pretty good especially on wet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Michelin Pilot Road 3 have been my favourite. Good in dry and wet.

Dale

I found the following prices for tires:

PR2 - 254.98 pair
PR3 - 279.98 pair
PR4 - 284.98 pair

Is there really a big different from PR2 to PR3/PR4. The sipe tread seems to be the only difference overall, but is it worth the extra $25 - $30?

UPDATE: cyclemaxusa.com states they will match any advertised price (internet included). We shall see since they most likely will want to change the 6% sales tax too which the internet shops wont charge and free delivery. I'll report my findings once I talk with them.

Nope, but I will go check them out. I am looking at RockyMountainATVMC.com who seems to be the cheapest around for these.

Thanks for the insight and I'll let you know how it works out....

WE NEED TO RIDE!!!

Mike there's a company on craigslist advertising michelin pilots out of gaithersburg . you can find it in washington motorcycle is that where your looking ?

I've been riding a little up 17 thru burkittsville to middletown to frederick and back . Going to Hagerstown (twiggs) on friday morning for some work on the gen 2 I feel too much vibration gotta get that fixed.

While your at Twiggs see what night outs they have up there a big gathering and perhaps we can plan a ride up there as a group.

I've been riding a little up 17 thru burkittsville to middletown to frederick and back . Going to Hagerstown (twiggs) on friday morning for some work on the gen 2 I feel too much vibration gotta get that fixed.

Called Cyclemax.com in Gathersburg, MD. They will only match if THEY INSTALLED the tires, which I have no plan to do since I have access to a tire changer. BOGUS DEAL!!!

They got pissed and me and hung up when I said I dont want them to install the tires....

UPDATE: cyclemaxusa.com states they will match any advertised price (internet included). We shall see since they most likely will want to change the 6% sales tax too which the internet shops wont charge and free delivery. I'll report my findings once I talk with them.

Nope, but I will go check them out. I am looking at RockyMountainATVMC.com who seems to be the cheapest around for these.

Thanks for the insight and I'll let you know how it works out....

WE NEED TO RIDE!!!

Ok, went with SHINKO since they were considerably cheaper, but had similar tread composition as the pilots. I installed them and they ride excellent. Great choice so far!!!

Here's a pic:
picture.php

I have PR2s on my FZ6 and the PR2 vs. PR 3 vs. PR4 was hotly debated on 600riders.com.

Michelin had a few batches of bad PR3s that essentially chipped away and the PR4s look very much like the PR3s so I went with the PR2s and When my Vmax is due for tires, I will definitely be getting PR2s.

FYI: Compacc.com were by far the cheapest on the PR2s for me.

Latest posts

Back