Gen one vmax against a Suzuki boulevard

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
My wife and I were out riding. Got stuck behind a car and two bikes. At the time they sounded like Harleys. Car past them one bike took off keeping pace with the car. Before all that I called my wife on the intercom told her if I was riding solo I would have dropped 2 gears and shit and git, but we were riding together, we leave together, we ride together, we get home together. So the car past went on its way. We get behind the bikes I decide to follow. We catch a light, I look at one bike it said Suzuki above the taillight. First thought ooh a boulevard I'd spank it no problem. Coincidentally I got a rider magazine in the mail with the new m109 boss on the cover I read the article peeked my interest so I googled the bike got horsepower specs 107, 0 to 60 in about 3.8. Didn't check top speed but I'm glad I didn't step out, be a little humiliating to get showed up in front my wife lol. She has a shadow 750. I'm sure I would have maybe got him, but the bike wasn't stock, and I'm not sure what submodel it was, but I do know it was a boulevard. Wide back tire, upside down triangle led taillight, and sound was a noticeable v twin. I now a 2nd gen max would walk all over it, not so sure about the the first gen. Anybody have a testimonial about running with a boulevard?

I've heard of people on Gen 1's spanking a 109.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Save racing for the track. There I doubt it would be anything close.

Either the guy riding it couldn't launch it well,or it's a dog with a capital D. The last one I squared off with quit on me before 3rd gear.

A good friend of mine has a 109. We have raced 1/8, 1/4 dig, 30mph and 60mph roll on. He has never even come close. Sometimes we will switch bikes just for a change of flavor. Feels like a big ol' turd to me.

My wife and I were out riding. Got stuck behind a car and two bikes. At the time they sounded like Harleys. Car past them one bike took off keeping pace with the car. Before all that I called my wife on the intercom told her if I was riding solo I would have dropped 2 gears and shit and git, but we were riding together, we leave together, we ride together, we get home together. So the car past went on its way. We get behind the bikes I decide to follow. We catch a light, I look at one bike it said Suzuki above the taillight. First thought ooh a boulevard I'd spank it no problem. Coincidentally I got a rider magazine in the mail with the new m109 boss on the cover I read the article peeked my interest so I googled the bike got horsepower specs 107, 0 to 60 in about 3.8. Didn't check top speed but I'm glad I didn't step out, be a little humiliating to get showed up in front my wife lol. She has a shadow 750. I'm sure I would have maybe got him, but the bike wasn't stock, and I'm not sure what submodel it was, but I do know it was a boulevard. Wide back tire, upside down triangle led taillight, and sound was a noticeable v twin. I now a 2nd gen max would walk all over it, not so sure about the the first gen. Anybody have a testimonial about running with a boulevard?

You do realize that the old magazine articles written back when the Vmax first debuted, listed our mighty Vmax at 0-60 in about 2.8?

Of course not every Vmax owner is going to be able to squeeze that good of time out of a Vmax, but then, neither is the average M109 owner going to be able to achieve their 3.8 time.

I probably can't get to 60 in under 4 seconds, but I don't race around much. I think you will be faster than an M109 if you want to be. Just be ready to use the boost.

You do realize that the old magazine articles written back when the Vmax first debuted, listed our mighty Vmax at 0-60 in about 2.8?

I remember it being second to the suzuki gsxr 1100 in almost every magazine.:ummm:

I remember it being second to the suzuki gsxr 1100 in almost every magazine.:ummm:

I've done a bit better 0-60, then again, it does help that I only weigh in at 130 lbs. The M109 would probably take it in top end speed, but when it comes to acceleration, I can attest that there is no comparison.

Local guy races his regularly. Low 12's is his norm. I think he said he managed an 11 out of it once or twice.

I once had a M50 boulevard. 800cc twin. Probably one of the slowest bikes on the road. Very low center of gravity and very easy to ride though.

I can't believe this is a discussion, the VMax should soundly defeat this bike in stock condition unless some M109 power adder is working...I am not into them modded but it's only a V twin! I'd be more concerned about a 1985 Magna 1100 than the Suzuki.

I took one on about a year ago. It was on a long fairly straight stretch of a remote secondary highway.

I came up from behind him and past him at slightly above the posted speed limit. He apparently didn't like that, so he came flying by me and that's when I knew it was on.

I dropped a gear and pulled up beside him, at this point we were at about 100 mph, we gave each a nod and that's the last I saw him till I let off at 140.

We went are separate ways, but I did meet up with him about a week later at a coffee shop and chatted for a bit. He basilly told me that he was flat out and couldn't catch me.

Mike

Last edited:
Is that correct, or did you mean, "couldn't?"

I took one on about a year ago. It was on a long fairly straight stretch of a remote secondary highway.

I came up from behind him and past him at slightly above the posted speed limit. He apparently didn't like that, so he came flying by me and that's when I knew it was on.

I dropped a gear and pulled up beside him, at this point we were at about 100 mph, we gave each a nod and that's the last I saw him till I let off at 140.

We went are separate ways, but I did meet up with him about a week later at a coffee shop and chatted for a bit. He basilly told me that he was flat out and could catch me.

Mike

Back