Hose clamps spring steel type

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmax1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had purchased some new hoses for the max. They fit well and seem of decent quality. The only problem is they do not include the spring tension clamps used on the connection from the heads. I have tried the stock clamps and they will not fit as the hoses are thicker and once you put the hose on the nipple you cannot get the clamp to slide over. And you know you cannot use worm gear type. Has anyone ran into this problem when changing hoses? I cannot find the right size. Really frustrated because I have installed a trans Sean rebuilt for me and can't ride the damn thing. Also there is The AZ northern Thunder Valley Rally going on And I can't go.:bang head: Any Ideas suggestions would greatly be appreciated. I am hoping to ride tomorrow. Any way thanks for reading and the link to the type of hoses I purchased are attached.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/silicone-ra...RED-/271862454304?hash=item3f4c43d820&vxp=mtr

I had purchased some new hoses for the max. They fit well and seem of decent quality. The only problem is they do not include the spring tension clamps used on the connection from the heads. I have tried the stock clamps and they will not fit as the hoses are thicker and once you put the hose on the nipple you cannot get the clamp to slide over. And you know you cannot use worm gear type. Has anyone ran into this problem when changing hoses? I cannot find the right size. Really frustrated because I have installed a trans Sean rebuilt for me and can't ride the damn thing. Also there is The AZ northern Thunder Valley Rally going on And I can't go.:bang head: Any Ideas suggestions would greatly be appreciated. I am hoping to ride tomorrow. Any way thanks for reading and the link to the type of hoses I purchased are attached.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/silicone-ra...RED-/271862454304?hash=item3f4c43d820&vxp=mtr

Have you tried Lowe's or Ace? They have a lot of unusual hardware in those little gray pull-out drawer things.

I have looked at all the links you provided and none of them will work due to the location and amount of room. As for ace they struck out. Living where I am there are not a lot of choices. Would have to drive fifty or so miles to flag staff. The only thing I see working would be the spring tension type. I think this size would work. I just can't find one around here and was really hoping to ride tomorrow. Looks like I will have to order some.:damn angry:

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/11_16_Spring_Action_Hose_Clamps_p/a12688.htm

What about barrel bolt type? Try the local hot rod shop.

I have fitted overbraid to my OE hoses and used common all garden worm drive clamps.
Use the smallest that fit and play around with orientation and they will work.

I have been able to get the OEM clamps on almost every brand out there. Some areas are definitely harder to get them on them others.

What about the local auto parts store? They should have different size spring clamps. Try the HELP! display where they have the generic parts bubble packed for all kinds of uses, I've gotten clamps there before. You also might try the local boneyard for expired vehicles, you may find something by scavenging.

Like Sean, I've had no issue with the OEM tension type clamps @ the heads with the Samco brand after market hose kits. Are you using a good set of Duck-bill type plyers that allow you to fully open the clamps? Maybe add some lubricant to the outside surface of the hose to help.

Back