Potentially getting another VMAX!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evenhanded

Reaction score
I've narrowed it down to two:

1. 2005 with 6,700 miles. Cobra exhaust (says it's been synced), vmax small wind shield, new tires, Progressive 412 (I'm 6' tall), SASY V-Boost controller (new in box, not installed), engine guards.

2. 2007 with 8,000 miles. Kerker slip-ons, stage 1 dynojet kit, new tires, backrest.

Both can be had for around $4,750.

There is a third that is bone stock except for a backrest that would be $4K but I ruled it out as I would want an exhaust pretty quickly and it needs a back tire. But the exuast I would choose would be a Mark's. The others I'll have to live with.

For the record I don't care that the cobras rob a little power - I'm coming off a road king! Well as long as it's not a really NOTICEABLE loss of power...

How about an 85 that has a lot of cosmetic issues and some other issues (the engine is solid though). $1500. Leaves you some room for upgrades!

Attachments

• IMG_20150819_163841631.jpg
    IMG_20150819_163841631.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 53
How about an 85 that has a lot of cosmetic issues and some other issues (the engine is solid though). $1500. Leaves you some room for upgrades!

Hey thanks! But I've pretty much want something turn-key. So that said which do you think I should get?

The 2005 is a nice color. The 2007 has the better exhaust (though shit can the jet kit). Either bike is going to be just fine as the mileage is nothing. The backrest is the harder and more expensive part to find (I have a few but starting price is $250 and up). The shocks though have some value but the lower end of the progressives. The engine guards have some value too and a must have in my opinion.

What miles are on 'the third?' And, what year is it? Seems like at $4K you have lots of room for improvements, though if you want a full Mark's syatem, you'll eat up a lot of the room under the other bikes' price.

If you don't want that one, the '07 sounds like it was maintained better and will run better than one w/Cobras. A stock exhaust is better than Cobras in performance. I like the looks of the stock exhaust.

What miles are on 'the third?' And, what year is it? Seems like at $4K you have lots of room for improvements, though if you want a full Mark's syatem, you'll eat up a lot of the room under the other bikes' price.

If you don't want that one, the '07 sounds like it was maintained better and will run better than one w/Cobras. A stock exhaust is better than Cobras in performance. I like the looks of the stock exhaust.

The third one is an 06 with 9,000 miles. What makes you think the 07 is better maintained? Just curious :)

Actually both guys talk about how well the bikes have been maintained, and both have records. The 05 is a second owner and he has had it for 4 months only. Says he needs money for car and school... 07 has had for four years.

Put mine out there too. $4800
Holeshots, ufo 17" smoothies with avon radials, progressive suspended, Morely mid cut seat, barnett clutch, blue dot calipers, moreleys hd oiler and oring, lots of other goodies, all receipts from previous owner including dyno sheet that has 124 on it.

Cleaned the carbs this winter and the floats were set way high. I've figured out why.

Working on jetting to get it purrrrrrfect right now. Bout to start a thread in the carb section on it.

I know it's high, but money talks.

Took this picture yesterday. Check out the roadside foliage behind the bike.
Indiana.

Attachments

• 20150927_144745.jpg
    20150927_144745.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts

Back