Check your lids!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to the local junkyard yesterday to get a part for my wife's van and I had parked my bike next to the building, laying my helmet on the right mirror. I was gone for about 30 minutes. When I got what I needed, I put my helmet back on and took off. Well about 20 minutes into my ride I feel something moving in the right side of my head, about an inch back from my temple and about an inch above my right ear. Then I feel a definite bite. So I haul my bike to a stop on the shoulder and quickly remove my helmet. I feel the spot on my head where I was bitten, and then peer into my helmet. There was a SPIDER inside!!! I reach in to smash/crush the sucker and end up dropping my helmet. Needless to say I was royally pissed because not only did I suffer from a spider bite, my helmet got scratched up.....

Moral of this story, take the time to check the inside of your lid before donning it!!!

Hope it wasn't a Brown Recluse, you'll lose some skin and what's underneath from one of them! Happened to a friend, when he was getting the Sportster out of the shed.

I went to the local junkyard yesterday to get a part for my wife's van and I had parked my bike next to the building, laying my helmet on the right mirror. I was gone for about 30 minutes. When I got what I needed, I put my helmet back on and took off. Well about 20 minutes into my ride I feel something moving in the right side of my head, about an inch back from my temple and about an inch above my right ear. Then I feel a definite bite. So I haul my bike to a stop on the shoulder and quickly remove my helmet. I feel the spot on my head where I was bitten, and then peer into my helmet. There was a SPIDER inside!!! I reach in to smash/crush the sucker and end up dropping my helmet. Needless to say I was royally pissed because not only did I suffer from a spider bite, my helmet got scratched up.....

Moral of this story, take the time to check the inside of your lid before donning it!!!

Moral of the story- Don't kill spiders.

Spider lives matter, now you can expect retaliatory bites in the future simply because your wearing a helmet. The rest of us wearing helmets are at risk now to, thanks for that! :angry flame devil:

What you described sounds like a miniature Peruvian devil spider, which is something I just made up. I'm OCD enough that I will actually check each time I don the lid now. When I'm not at highway speeds I often ride with the visor up, I have taken a bee or two over the years but never a spider. I lived in SoCal when I was younger and we learned how to check our boots or shoes for roaches before putting them on.

Not a lid story, but an unexpected sting. Had a friend that was drinking a pop from a fast food place. A bee landed and went down the straw without him knowing. got stung in the mouth :eek:

Spider lives matter, now you can expect retaliatory bites in the future simply because your wearing a helmet. The rest of us wearing helmets are at risk now to, thanks for that! :angry flame devil:

What you described sounds like a miniature Peruvian devil spider, which is something I just made up. I'm OCD enough that I will actually check each time I don the lid now. When I'm not at highway speeds I often ride with the visor up, I have taken a bee or two over the years but never a spider. I lived in SoCal when I was younger and we learned how to check our boots or shoes for roaches before putting them on.

Hahaha!!! Normally, I like spiders....so fascinating to watch them catch flies and other bugs, that get caught up in their webs!!!

Reminds me of the time that someone put a rattlesnake in the local game wardens
cruiser in Pike County Ohio. It was buzzing away in the back seat and he thought
something was wrong with his radio. Stopped to check it out and WHOO surprise!

So I'm riding home from work yesterday and am literally 1/4 mile from my house. Following a car that is going 5 under the posted speed limit of 30 for the past mile (bang head twice). Nice day so I open my visor...
Right away, I hear and FEEL a beetle hit my temple! Then, it latches on and sit on my scalp!
I ended up goosing it (a little) in my neighborhood to get home rather than stopping.

Hard l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cousin was bitten on his nuts by a brown recluse. The doctor told him he was gonna have to cut his nuts off. LMAO 'Course he was joking, but it put a hurtin' on him, kept him bedridden for a couple of weeks.

Oh....just FYI from a medic standpoint....3/4 of everything that people think is a spider bite.....is actually a staph infection.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

And staph is easily spread in a hospital. That's why you are told, "wash your hands thoroughly between every patient contact, and throughout the day."

Latest posts

Back