Interesting Story

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Free" is usually good. A "free" bike and frozen-solid engine, missing carbs, foam-is-all-that's-left seat; dented, rusted gas tank; frozen brakes, well, that's someone's headache I wouldn't take even at that 'price.' Maybe if it was an old, old Harley, a Vincent, or something...

This is a good deal for you, ride it, keep it stock, and if you ever decide you don't want to keep it, sell it and donate the $$ to the Wounded Warrior Project, Honor Flight http://www.honorflight.org/ or another worthwhile cause benefitting the US military veterans.

I have a good story about getting a free XS650, from the original owner, a LEO where I was in fire/rescue.

As a suggestion, you should invest in one of those roll-in wheel chocks form Harbor Freight, and move the bike back on the trailer, more-centered over the axle, to reduce weight on the tongue, to tow better, and to better-secure the bike in-place. Sixty bucks to protect your bike and tow it more securely. http://www.harborfreight.com/automo...tands/motorcycle-stand-wheel-chock-97843.html Is there any L-angle under the perimeter & side-to-side of that plywood? And that ramp looks like the convex has become concave from a too-heavy load. Safety first. I've had experience w/taking care of someone after his 600 lb bike toppled over while trying to load it, and accidents from towing mishaps.
97841_zzz_alt2_500.jpg

Thanx for the advice on the wheel chock, That rig in the pic isn't mine as i am getting a divorce at the time and she got the tow vehicle i have a much better trailer w/chock that i wanted to use but circumstances didn't allow for the use of mine, actually had i know that the bike was running and driving i would have just got a ride down to the bike and rode it home. But thanks for the suggestions as always this site it plethora of information.

Geez, sorry about the divorce. Remember that if/when things turn nasty, the attorney for her may tell her to provoke you to misbehave, so they can use it against you. Pushing your buttons becomes a game and your financial and emotional well-being is at stake.

Unless the bike has been in continuous use, it's always good to just tow the thing home, so you don't have to worry about problems with keeping it running, braking, and etc.

I once got a 1970 Cadillac Eldorado w/43K mi on it from the original owner's family (an estate sale), it didn't run and they just needed to get it off the property because the home was sold. I checked it out, and after swapping in a battery, dumping 2 gallons of high-test into it, airing-up the tires, and filling the brake master cyl, I was able to limp the < 10 blocks to my house w/it. I got it running and sold it to my friend who worked for GM as a designer at the Warren MI Tech Center, one of his co-workers had worked on the 1st generation design of that car, which this was the last year. FWD, 500 cu in, 400 hp, 475 ft lb torque. Blue exterior, white leather interior, and the wraparound rear couch was like something in your living room. I would have liked to keep it, but I had too-many other things to spend my $ on like home repairs instead of a personal luxury/performance auto. It would have been a good one to lease to movie sets.

Here's some after pic's took me about 6 hours to get it to look like this

Attachments

• 20151011_181339.jpg
    20151011_181339.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20151011_181347.jpg
    20151011_181347.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20151011_181355.jpg
    20151011_181355.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 23
That cleaned up nice. A guy I work with is a gold wing nut and he said that there are some pricy extras on that bike like driver back rest. I'll have to stop over sometime and check out the stable.

Back