Carrozzeria Wheels Have Arrived

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a better, daytime Pic:

2yorblc.jpg

The R1 calipers (2003 Gold Dots), Steel lines, and speed bleeders that I ordered have all come in; so has a nice LED Tailight/License plate bracket. Now I'll be away from home for a week, so it'll be next week before I can upgrade the brakes.

Custom License plate ordered, 1 1/2 to 2 month waiting time. Yep, it's gonna say BorgBiker (or BORGBKR ). That way when another V-max just like mine parks next to me, I can tell which one is mine:eusa_dance:

- the Borg

Now ya gotta Topanga Canyon Racer! Watch for attention-deficit drivers, or just aggressive aXXho's.

ClickHandler.ashx
ClickHandler.ashx

And a shot of the lovely contours that are to be found there.

Ah yes! Dangerous curves are best when seen before encountered. But encountering them is sometimes a great experience!

- the Borg

Just an update:

Took a ride through about half of Mulholland Highway, lots of 40-50 mph sweepers and several 15 mph switchbacks. It was SOOOO different with the Carro's, it was like a different bike. While still no GSXR or Ninja, surprisingly enough, it reminded me of a 2015 Monster 1200S I rode during a Ducati Demo day about 2 months ago. :surprise:
The difference is EASILY worth the money. Now to order some progressive shocks and springs, which should smooth out the on/off throttle transitions I get no matter how smooth I try to be.

Sean's only got a couple of black sets left. I am so tempted to get another set for my 96 now. But I'm afraid the wife's good graces only go so far. I don't want to attend another funeral any time soon, especially mine :hmmm:

- The Borg

LOL, I have 2 sets left and had them hard anodized (much harder then standard anodizing). Probably be a little more cost on these last two though.

I had the pleasure of taking a black set off of Sean's hands this past weekend.

Appears only 1 set of Carrs remaining. The million dollar question is, who will be quick enough to get the VERY LAST SET of carrs Sean has so they don't forever think "If only I bought those wheels when I had the chance".

And FWIW, IDC if you paid $800 or $8,000 for your Max, these things are worth every penny.

I had the pleasure of taking a black set off of Sean's hands this past weekend.

Appears only 1 set of Carrs remaining. The million dollar question is, who will be quick enough to get the VERY LAST SET of carrs Sean has so they don't forever think "If only I bought those wheels when I had the chance".

And FWIW, IDC if you paid $800 or $8,000 for your Max, these things are worth every penny.

+1 on that!

Oh wow. I've been dreaming of getting a black set for my 96. But I think the wife would lose it. She hasn't recovered from my last two shopping sprees at Morley's Muscle. Another almost 2 1/2 grand for wheels and tires would probably be the end of me.

Somebody buy them already so we can end this temptation!!!

Got the correct Metzler 120/70-18 tire on the front. Wow wow wow what a difference! I knew it would be a big difference, but I underestimated how big.

If I was riding a 1200 before, now it feels 600ish. Sooooo much lighter, more willing to turn, it's amazing! Confidence is way up, and as soon as I wear off the 'new tire coating', I feel like I can really, for the first time, feel the beast as God and Yamaha intended.

Of course, now the brakes feel even spongier than before. Luckily I have some R1 calipers and steel lines on the way, which should take care of the sponginess and hopefully feel like the brakes a V-max needs.

Quick pic from last night:

the Borg

I travelled the same road...Carrs WOW...suspension upgrade WOWWOW...now need to upgrade brakes.......

Latest posts

Back