GSXR 600 Conversion

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Notched. Dry fit the wheel today looks like I have from c/l :96 mm to drive side and about 105 mm to brake side but the brake bar will only allow 101mm.

Could you fit the 190 in without loosening the pumpkin?

Dale #2592

with the first notched swingarm i got the 190 barely fit, with the washer swap it worked well

my new notched swingarm needed the washer swap and now the clearance is less than 1mm.

with a larger side ratio the 190 may fit differently though, as there will be less curvature. u may want to go 180 first and get an idea.

and no way in hell can i get the rear wheel on/off without removing the pumpkin with this size tire.

with the first notched swingarm i got the 190 barely fit, with the washer swap it worked well

my new notched swingarm needed the washer swap and now the clearance is less than 1mm.

with a larger side ratio the 190 may fit differently though, as there will be less curvature. u may want to go 180 first and get an idea.

and no way in hell can i get the rear wheel on/off without removing the pumpkin with this size tire.

Thks Garrett, My 170 is a tight fit so I thought you'd have to take the pumpkin off with a 190! I think you're right about playing it safe with a 180. Then I can see for sure. A 190/55 would keep the stock height though!

Dale #2592

Thks Garrett, My 170 is a tight fit so I thought you'd have to take the pumpkin off with a 190! I think you're right about playing it safe with a 180. Then I can see for sure. A 190/55 would keep the stock height though!

Dale #2592

yea it would, but can you really argue with better acceleration in the meantime!

yea it would, but can you really argue with better acceleration in the meantime!

For the first time I liked quicker blast. More to say I LOVED the extra grip provided by sport 190 tyre. Time passed and I started to looking for venture pumpkin LOL :biglaugh:

2$ premium gasoline PER LITER paid toady LOLLOLLLLOOOLL
Gonna NUKE that fucker in Libya!

Dang sitting here reading all the tire stuff I cant wait to get my new to me rear wheel. Now I just have to figure out what size tire I wanna run. the wheel has a decent 190/55/17 on it but my swingarm is not notched. I guess I am gonna have to get another tire or grab one of my extra swingarms & notch it.

Dang sitting here reading all the tire stuff I cant wait to get my new to me rear wheel. Now I just have to figure out what size tire I wanna run. the wheel has a decent 190/55/17 on it but my swingarm is not notched. I guess I am gonna have to get another tire or grab one of my extra swingarms & notch it.

when u notch your swingarm make sure you read my creaking thread so u don't run into the same problems i did, assuming ur notching it yourself.

Thanks I will find it & read it good since I have good confidence I can do it my self.

it would help if i gave ya a link, here it is:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=14694

long and short of it is that the notching caused the f/d flange to tweak inward and put extra pressure on the needle bearing

on the width of the flange it was only off about .5mm however extrapolated the length of the axle it was 3.5mm difference.

it would help if i gave ya a link, here it is:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=14694

long and short of it is that the notching caused the f/d flange to tweak inward and put extra pressure on the needle bearing

on the width of the flange it was only off about .5mm however extrapolated the length of the axle it was 3.5mm difference.
I just finished reading the entire post.LOL I think I only want to run a 180 tire. Can you get the 180 on & off with out taking off the pumpkin ?

I just finished reading the entire post.LOL I think I only want to run a 180 tire. Can you get the 180 on & off with out taking off the pumpkin ?

i believe chris has reported you can on a cazz wheel, not sure on a kosman, i bet it'd depend on the tire.

how many cups of coffee did that take?

Every time I take the pumpkin off the drive shaft comes with it. I hate puttin that thing back in place.

Yup, one big PITA to install it back!

Thats why I dont have a drivshaft anymore LOL

Yeah all that reading just to decide I am gonna run a 180 for now since I dont have to mess with the swingarm. I will do a swingarm up when I get the spare time right now I just wanna ride !
180/55R17 are also good tires, could be to small for mighty v-max tho. You must verify that with your own ass :)

Swingarm notching/bracing is nothing you cant hadnle as long you can cut'n'weld!

Yup, one big PITA to install it back!

Thats why I dont have a drivshaft anymore LOL

180/55R17 are also good tires, could be to small for mighty v-max tho. You must verify that with your own ass :)

Swingarm notching/bracing is nothing you cant hadnle as long you can cut'n'weld!
AH HAH! Prze lets a little bit of the mods he doing slip! Can't wait to see what you've done bro!:punk:

Back