What a bunch of idiots!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whips07Max

Reaction score
I was at my local Yamaha dealer a few days ago where I recently purchased my 07 Max. I talked with the service advisor about getting my bike jetted, possibly stage 7. He said he recommends a stage 1 or stage 2, that's what they do them all at. I said, they don't make a stage 2 for the V-Max to my knowledge, only a stage 1 and stage 7. He said a stage 7 is only if I plan on drag racing and not riding on the street. Well, that made feel very uneasy about these guys working on my bike. I then taked with the parts guy and he acted like he had never heard of a V-Max. He asked me "what size is it?" I am really considering cancelling my extended warranty. I may as well been asking them about parts and service for a Boss Hoss because they were IGNORANT!!!!!! And on top of it, they acted like I was bothering them Typical Stealership I guess. :bang head::bang head:

Whip

Well no real surprise there, as it is hard to find a dealership that is knowledgeable about the VMax... maybe because it is such a new bike!:icon_rolleyes::rofl_200:
You may want to consider doing this work yourself and also consider the Morley jet kit also.

Dang.... Whip found my dealership I guess. I am so embarassed by it I wanted to keep it a secret!

What I've observed lately is that most dealerships employee people that approach it as just a job, and who are not usually any sort of M/C enthusiast,

Most of them could really give a shit about motorcycles in general......therefore take no effort to gain any true knowledge except for what's forced on them.

it doesn't help when the same guy decides to become a bullshit artist, running there mouth about stuff they know nothing about......

Yea, I've got one customer with my jet kit that took it into the dealer. I had them call me for advice/instructions on installing the kit. They acted like it wasn't a problem and we left it at that. Now the customer picked up his bike and they told him that my junk kit would not work right and they berated him for not buying the stage seven.

He gets home and half the kit isn't even installed. They are just a bunch of ignorant fools. At least most of them will try to work with the customer but these guys are just idiots. They had my number and didn't even try to call me about it.

Sean

Sean, maybe they couldn't figure out how to open the vile of glue? lol

I agree most non mechanical people think because its the dealer that they have all factory trained mechanics! Just as in the automotive buisness your worst mechanics come from dealers! Dealerships have a lot of over head and have to make up for that so in return they charge to much and mostly are parts replcer! DEALERS ARE INCOMPETENT MECHANICS !!!!

:red ass::Flush000::puke:
FOR MY YAMAHA US YAMAHA DEALERS:10_6_8:

:double angry bird:<< THE DEALERSHIPS!!

Yea, I've got one customer with my jet kit that took it into the dealer. I had them call me for advice/instructions on installing the kit. They acted like it wasn't a problem and we left it at that. Now the customer picked up his bike and they told him that my junk kit would not work right and they berated him for not buying the stage seven.

He gets home and half the kit isn't even installed. They are just a bunch of ignorant fools. At least most of them will try to work with the customer but these guys are just idiots. They had my number and didn't even try to call me about it.

Sean

Bring your jetkit to Ohio ufo day. I want one, and we can talk about the seat :)

I'll try to see if I can put a couple together. Not sure if I will have time but will see what I can do. Anyone else interested?

Sean

I know its happened to others but:

Went to the dealer (Yamaha). Was asked what kind of bike I have.

He then asked "Who makes that?"

Yes - I ran and will not return.

Latest posts

Back