manufacturer of clutch disks??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
has anybody used any of these clutch kits...... KG? EBC? or Vesrah?
lookin at buying a clutch kit. tore it down to do the shift segment, and noticed the disks are getting thin, and now are starting to slip when i feel like going to wot after shifting gears and i'm not into vboost yet. just changed my oil about 500 miles ago, with shell rotella 15w40 HD diesel oil so i know it's not that, great stuff btw :punk:
i did search so as to not start another thread. a sticky with a list of manufacturers as from best to worst would be nice for beginners to kinda look and see what they can afford on a budget without having to change the clutch every year.

I used OEM Friction plates when I did my clutch rebuild.
Full friction part # 26H-16307-00-00
1/2 Friction plate part # 26H-16321-00-00
I ordered mine from boats.net.

And I just scrubbed my steel plates with a green scotch-brite pad and re-used them.

+1 to using OEM parts. Consider a better than stock clutch spring set up too. DD can't be beat for the price. PCW makes a stronger single spring.

Get the PCW full-width extra disc kit w/their stronger diaphragm spring, OEM friction discs, & a gasket. Everything you need to restore your clutch.

If you need some steelies, I think I still have a used set. They usually only need replacement if they got overheated and discolored, or wore thinner than the min. measurement allowed. Scuffing them to remove the glaze will allow yours to be re-used.

the steels looked good when i did my segment. i looked at a few here, and there just to see. i try not to let it slip when riding. i know slipping generates heat and heats not good for the steel discs. with just over 16,600 miles i'd say the clutch is the weak link of the drivetrain from what i read on another thread. how big of an issue is to not put that wire back in that holds the 1/2 disc?? seems pointless to me.

If you're not replacing the 1/2 friction and the clutch boss spring and spring seat with a full disk,
I'd recommend putting that wire back in to keep the clutch boss spring and spring seat from moving around and possibly getting hung up or causing damage.

I used OEM Friction plates when I did my clutch rebuild.
Full friction part # 26H-16307-00-00
1/2 Friction plate part # 26H-16321-00-00
I ordered mine from boats.net.

And I just scrubbed my steel plates with a green scotch-brite pad and re-used them.
What does the 1/2 size friction plate do for the clutch vs replacing it with a full size?

The main function of that part of the clutch comes from the Clutch boss spring which acts as a dampener when changing gear.
The reason there is a half disc is because thats all the space that is left.
Remove the half plate and clutch boss spring (and associated parts) and your gear change will be more clunky and the clutch pack will rattle.

Reactions: BHZ

Latest posts

Back