AMR 500 supercharger

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now, you can't even go to the junkyard to find something to rebuild! Anything carbureted has probably long-ago been junked.

I am intrigued by Sean's 1/2-rack on ea. side of the compressor. That would be an odd-looking animal. I know you can have an induction system on one side or the other, but what is the advantage to both sides?

I know a Vmax kit that used this Holley carb for their set-up.... 8007 cfm 390
0-8007

I don't know if that's too big for my set-up or not but I will be buying a new carb and would have available the exact same set-up for anyone else.
The idea is to offer a truly plug and play setup ready to go.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqFHJBME7)536KPgBPHpKvodF!~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqFHJBME7)536KPgBPHpKvodF!~~60_57.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 39
0-8007

I don't know if that's too big for my set-up or not but I will be buying a new carb and would have available the exact same set-up for anyone else.
Sounds good ! Were waiting hopefully this goes quicker than the turbo project

And now, you can't even go to the junkyard to find something to rebuild! Anything carbureted has probably long-ago been junked.

I am intrigued by Sean's 1/2-rack on ea. side of the compressor. That would be an odd-looking animal. I know you can have an induction system on one side or the other, but what is the advantage to both sides?

lol... i guess he meant on the other side with another blower in parallel. :biglaugh:

0-8007

that's the one the magna charger uses, its the 4160 version though, they have different bodies. The AMR displaces 500cc per rev while the magnacharger almost doubles it. You can work with pulley ratios but bare in mind the AMR has a max constant rate of 16K rpm.

If you're going single carb why not us a GM TBI set up? '87-'95 stuff is simple & cheap. IAC,TPS and O2, gets rid of cold start and jetting issues.

Because the signal and fueling issues make EFI the biggest challenge. BUT, I would agree that would be more ideal.

Maybe make it a simpler batch fire setup though not sure if that would create any lean issues?

Well I'm clueless to know where to begin on selecting a suitable carb for this unit as I don't know enough about it all.

The only line of thinking was based on the carb that was used by Magnacharger and therefore perhaps something similar or smaller than that .

I want it to be available new off the shelf and then tuned accordingly so that anyone could use the exact same setup, bolt it on and go without all the drama of trying to match and tune something else without blowing shit up.

I'll have the charger in my hands shortly and then I'll need some guidance as to what to select to let it drink.

I'd say the weber myself. We just got done installing one in place of the Holley on another customer bike that has a 1428 supercharged and chain drive setup.

Talking about Matt's bike Sean?
Theres only one thing that worries me that is the idle. I don't know how that charger will affect airflow on lower rpms. Some time ago i thought of a kind of a bypass to allow flow to go around the blower to avoid erratic idle on lower rpms. i thought of something strange as using a clutch for the blower (same as car ACs) and also be closing and opening a bypass valve just like Vboost but in an opposite way (fully open on lower revs and gradually closing as revs go up to allow for flow to go through the blower. In theory its all there but the practical side hmm... would need better thinking. Or just use the bypass as a way of allowing better flow in order not to starve the engine in lower revs due blower blocking flow, that bypass could even work as a "blow-off" vent for overpressure released back into blower inlet. just some ideas...

I have been wanting to make it run on an AC Clutch too though it may not be practical. Mercedes has been doing it that way for years.

We did get Matt's bike to idle reasonably well though it needs a little larger pilot jets installed to get it within the recommended tuning range. response when riding it was incredible and it flat out was a rocket ship!

I now have it in my hands and it certainly seems a neat little unit and I can certainly get a bunch more of them.
Tomorrow I'll start designing stuff to make it all happen.
Calculations seem to suggest that 297 cfm is what's required for it to drink.I did talk to a customer of ours who we have been making blower pulleys for years now and got some advice.
There's a pile of questions to go through which I'll detail in the next few days.

Holley have an electric choke and can run TPS as well. im at the moment trying to find out how that works to see if i can run TPS with a programmable ignition to prevent pinging if i get very agressive with the boost ratio...

Holley have an electric choke and can run TPS as well. im at the moment trying to find out how that works to see if i can run TPS with a programmable ignition to prevent pinging if i get very agressive with the boost ratio...

I was maybe thinking of something like this? http://www.jeepparts4less.com/weber-jeep-carburetor-3434-dgev-197290-carter-barrel-p-5781.html :confused2:

I think if you run the Dyna 300 you can run the MAP sensor and select curve 8 which is supposed to be blower friendly?:confused2:

I mocked a few bits together today and I have it all planned out.. in my head lol

We need to run the ignitech CDI and COP kit. Much more programmable then the 3000.

Sean

Latest posts

Back