Engine jig/cradle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildweasel_pt

Reaction score
Hi guys
Im going to fab an engine cradle so i can move it around the garage and able to work on it while on the floor. Does anyone have any dimensions i can copy? Im thinking of a squared base with dolly wheels and 4 vertical struts to attach to the engine mounts. What do you guys have? Thank you

I don't have any dimensions as we made them from an old engine around here. Also, we don't have wheels on ours but simply set them on a furniture dolly to roll around. I wanted to make a setup to hang it off a regular engine stand but haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

Damon I think has something like that.

Here's the best picture showing the overall view with one of our stands. Most of the rest of the pics are too far in to see the whole thing.

Attachments

• Redbone Stripped Engine.jpg
    Redbone Stripped Engine.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 62
Like Sean I used an engine stand..mine was a car one modified.
Theres pics of it in a thread on here somewhere.

I also have one of those engine stands but I need also a smaller one. I intend to blast the engine and using a small dolly it's easy to throw it in the cabinet to blast it.

Brett can you tell me the length of the round struts that go from the stand to the mountings? Isn't it a bit dangerous just bolting on 2 mounts. Not too much stress on mounts?

Back