170 metzeler tyre

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathunter

Reaction score
hi there I need to replace my rear tyre .I have avon venom 150/90 15 .I've heard you can put a metzeler ME880 170/80 15 on instead as long as you take out the washer on the right hand side. Has anybody tried this ? I think a fatter tyre does look cooler. and if it does fit has it affected the handling in anyway. cheers and have a merry Christmas .ho ho ho
alien.gif

Try it without the washer swap first. The Shinko of the same size worked fine on mine. Dave T. had a 180 Metzler on his at one time without a washer swap.
Steve-o

Well you only need to move the washer IF the tire wont fit with it in place. Variations in brands of tires, and build quality of the bikes....not withstanding.

I have a 170 Shinko on mine, with no washer swap, and I believe that there have been other people with the 170 metzler without the washer swap.

I like the 170 tire, and haven't had an handling issues, although some people say that you will need to "push" the bike into a turn more.

hey there cheers for the info on the tyre im going for the 170 they look loads better than the 150 .thanks for taking the time to help me out . cheers dudes and merry Christmas

The above is correct. My bike (2000) did not need the washer swap for the 170 Metz, however my brother's bike (1992) did need the washer swap.

Back