Picked up the Carrozzeria's - Chrome is sweet!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdinkelman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much, Sean!

We have to pick up tires yet for my rear and for both of the wife's, but they look great!! :punk:

I started putting together the wish list after visiting the shop last week. We'll have to see what happens over the winter...

Attachments

• IMG_4619.jpg
    IMG_4619.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 273
Great looking wheels Kent.... congrats on getting them. :clapping:

So what your saying is that visiting Sean's workshop is kinda like being a kid in a candy store ? Sounds like I've got to make that road trip !

The wife more than likely will put ME880's on hers. She really liked the 16,000+ miles she has on her current bias ones.

I have a Shinko Verge on the front right now. I might go with the Shinko Stealth 180/55 on the rear, since I don't have the notched swingarm to fit the 200.

The wife more than likely will put ME880's on hers. She really liked the 16,000+ miles she has on her current bias ones.

I have a Shinko Verge on the front right now. I might go with the Shinko Stealth 180/55 on the rear, since I don't have the notched swingarm to fit the 200.

Nice I'm leaning towards the marathons also.

Those are really cool wheels... I love the chrome work on them. Kudos on Sean for working in order to have them available for the community.

Motorcycle Superstore is on the second day of a 3-day sale , 27 % off and free shipping on Metzlers / www.motorcycle-superstore.com 877-668-6872

LOL Just hit the order button on them.
That was the best deal I found.
I could have gone up to JP Cycles in Daytona and picked up a set for only 4 bucks more. But I am being awful lazy today.

Anyone need an obscene amount of weight to get these balanced? I have shinkos and I'm being told I need 2 oz. Anyone else find that excessive?

Did they try spinning the tire on the rim and see if the weight requirement got better/worse?

Anyone need an obscene amount of weight to get these balanced? I have shinkos and I'm being told I need 2 oz. Anyone else find that excessive?
2 ounce is not uncommon on any wheel tire combo . Look at the specs from diffrent manufactures Harley call for up to 3.5 ounce & there also Jap wheels. But as Sean said try spinning the tire 180 & see what happens & balance just the wheel by itself & find the heavy spot & then mount the tire accordingly.

The only problem with mine is I have to clean them after every ride. These wheels have a lot of nooks and crannies, as you are going to find. When I picked mine up from Sean's chrome shop they recommended cleaning with windex glass cleaner and a micro fiber cloth. The stunning looks of the wheels and the improvement in ride and handling that comes with radial tires , makes it all worthwhile .

Where are the photos of them mounted on the bike
1.gif
Here is the anti-chrome version of Carrozzerias installed on a Vmax:
1.gif

IMG_1778.jpg

Latest posts

Back