What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks[emoji481]
I was able to do that in under an hour too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is impressive, I think start to finish on that mod took me 4 hours with 1.5 hours of driving between disassembly and reassembly. I wish I had thought ahead and just rode over to my friends shop, disassembled and modded the tail support then reassembled before riding home. Didn't really think that one through. Probably the best mod anyone and can do to that ugly square box of a light that used to be there.

That is impressive, I think start to finish on that mod took me 4 hours with 1.5 hours of driving between disassembly and reassembly. I wish I had thought ahead and just rode over to my friends shop, disassembled and modded the tail support then reassembled before riding home. Didn't really think that one through. Probably the best mod anyone and can do to that ugly square box of a light that used to be there.

Thanks. I think with the right tools and a good mindset, most things go well. I've also been in the other side of the fence when everything goes terribly wrong too. I followed a good write up and was easy breezy. I had the cat eye on the rebut the cbr light looks so much better, and +1 on it being the best mod.

Finished up a hybrid headlight for a Vmax. LED low beam on the bottom with a HID and projector lens on top. 'bout blinded myself bench testing it. :biglaugh:

Attachments

• Headlight 1.jpg
    Headlight 1.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Headlight 2.jpg
    Headlight 2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 22
Finished up a hybrid headlight for a Vmax. LED low beam on the bottom with a HID and projector lens on top. 'bout blinded myself bench testing it. :biglaugh:

Share the construction details, KJ, and then I just might tell you how I made up a pair of 4" LED driving lights for about $27.00. And a headlamp equipped with a LED running light.
With both on, extremely bright and visible, to the texters and pokemon playing cagers.
And an almost immeasurable draw on the charging system.
Cheers!

Fought with my 95.. Really starting to get pissed off.. First I put on the Maxgasser.. then replaced the rear turn signal bulb that burned out.. The day was looking good...I went into other shed and broke down carbs to rebuild the used one I bought last year (left front #2 carb) cleaned it up with carb cleaner and blew it out with compressed air. replaced all gaskets, float needle, o-rings. Set float... buttoned it up and installed it back on Blue.. let fuel pump kick on about 3 times/ carbs have been off bike for 4-5 months with no fuel in them over winter. Bike started right away. Noticed it seemed like it was missing again/ carbs did this on a different vmax.... I let it idle for about 3 minutes to warm up while i looked for digi sync..... adjusted the a/f 2.5 out, and sync'd carbs.... still running kinda rough.. went to pull it out of shed.. engine stalled and starter was not engaging the starter clutch....Pushed it out to the street and pop started it in 3rd.. ran but still felt like it was missing or carb is plugged.. pulled it back into shed/ noticed light with new bulb is hyper flashing now also...Goal is to put sissy bar on so these lights will be replaced no biggie.. just didn't want to have to do more work. really wanted to take it for a spin.. guess that will wait while I mess with other vmax this week.. I have to rebuild the rear caliper.. Parts came in this week for both bikes.. Trying to plan a ride up to PA to see a buddy from the Military I haven't seen in 17 years...Oh did I mention I burned the hell out of my leg a couple of times in the shed on the exhaust.... Just need a larger work area for both bikes at the same time with A/C....lol Guess I won't get to test out the shinko this week. Guess I will order some new gaskets and open the side to see what the starter clutch and gears look like.. didn't sound like a box of rocks. but then again sometimes its best to look things over that you didn't do to the bike....:bang head:

Share the construction details, KJ, and then I just might tell you how I made up a pair of 4" LED driving lights for about $27.00. And a headlamp equipped with a LED running light.
With both on, extremely bright and visible, to the texters and pokemon playing cagers.
And an almost immeasurable draw on the charging system.
Cheers!

Mights ass---give it up Miles--Details.

Thanks. I think with the right tools and a good mindset, most things go well. I've also been in the other side of the fence when everything goes terribly wrong too. I followed a good write up and was easy breezy. I had the cat eye on the rebut the cbr light looks so much better, and +1 on it being the best mod.

I'm going with cops as the best mod ever.

As for electrical, yeah. As for the rear brake light, cbr tail is the way to go

Yesterday I met up with Christian, my RI Bro. We had a great time, spending the day, blasting down the back roads. Quite the adventure for sure. We did some great roll-on's on the straightaways, and his bike, stock, is running strong as hell. I hit the 56k mark somewhere on the ride. I did a hail Mary maneuver after coming into some S corners way too hot, and managed to keep it upright. My phone must have flue out of my pocket because when we got back to Christian's and it was gone. Got a call from a good Samaritan that found my phone and back tracked for another ride to get the phone back. Best steak sandwich I ever had ended our ride. thanks again to my Buddy. All in all, a perfect, and charmed day.
Steve-o

Mights ass---give it up Miles--Details.

The single headlight running lamp worked dandy, the elcheapo 4" pair not so, well - they didn't survive the "Betatesting" phase - following Davesax36 and Redbone for a day, as they make their way towards Newfoundland.
But I ain't done yet. Just a matter of using a slightly more expensive set of lenses in the housings. Stand by........
Cheers!

The single headlight running lamp worked dandy, the elcheapo 4" pair not so, well - they didn't survive the "Betatesting" phase - following Davesax36 and Redbone for a day, as they make their way towards Newfoundland.
But I ain't done yet. Just a matter of using a slightly more expensive set of lenses in the housings. Stand by........
Cheers!

Please keep in touch with this as I can't see anything at night on either one.

Ditto to Steve-o. There is something extra special about a couple of vmax's burning up the blacktop on a perfect day. I encourage any of our forum brothers that live in the area or happen to be coming this way to reach out an hook up for a ride. Steve is not kidding about being lucky to have kept it upright...for both of us. Beautiful back road straight leading up to an almost blind hard hard right hander. Surprised there were not a few road shrines to those not so fortunate. Great day, great company and loads of hooligan fun.

Changed the oil, and went out to the Wichita Mountains for a ride. Also stopped by Meers for a Cheeseburger. It was a good day.

Put some new rubber on the Vmax. I did the Tie wrap tire install for the first time. It was a big help. I did use a tire iron, but two beads at once. It never ends there. Rotors were dirty, and got a cleaning. Greece for the speedo drive. While it was jacked up, head bearing adjustment.

Got my carbs setup for the Kerker and had Frame Braces installed. Thank you John Furbur for doing the work!

The bike is not charging properly again, I'm unhappy with the parts I got from Rick's less than 2,000 miles ago. Time to diagnose - I suspect it will be the RR. If so, I think I'll get a 2003 R1 RR from Yamaha this time around.

IMG_20160731_144913_01_zpsalivfyme.jpg

Latest posts

Back