winter is here....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Well winter is here I had my Vmax winterized and put away a week ago. I hope all you guys who have a long riding season have a fun safe time.

I look forward to checking the forum from time to time but with 3 ft of snow the only thing I will be riding is my snowblower.......lol

Be safe

Ron

Damn, 3' of snow already in Minnesota?
Glad I don't live there.

I was happy when I went out to start this truck this AM and found there was no frost on the windshield. That was a first for the week.

Yup, its coming. I can feel the bite in the air and we're in for some snow tomorrow here in South Dakota.

I'll be pulling the Vmax inside tomorrow after a hit of fuel and stabil.

Dammit. I'm going to have to get a snowmobile.

We've been lucky in the North East, so far. Over 55 degrees,and I'll always ride if I can. Usually by the end of November I concede and start my winter projects. The ocean gives us an extra couple of weeks of mild weather. Peppers are still growing in my garden. But, we'll get slammed sooner or later.

The Max is hibernating now. I've still got the Roadie running. These past few winters gave us a few decent riding days. I'm gonna keep the Roadstar in the garage this winter instead of moving it into the house with the VMax. Never know, might get a decent day. We have 65 degrees forecast for Friday - but I'm going to help Kathy get her internet set up in her new apartment, and take her to a dentist appointment. She needs a tooth extracted. In any case, it all goes to hell on Saturday.... Although Thursday is supposed to be decent, too.. Max needs tires, but that's a spring project.

Overall, with what happened in my life this summer, you could say it was the worst riding season of my life, but at least I stayed healthy, and was able to ride a ton of miles safely. 2017 marks 50 years that I bought my first motorcycle. Let's look on the bright side of life. No more room for negativity, against any situations, or people.

The Max is hibernating now. I've still got the Roadie running. These past few winters gave us a few decent riding days. I'm gonna keep the Roadstar in the garage this winter instead of moving it into the house with the VMax. Never know, might get a decent day. We have 65 degrees forecast for Friday - but I'm going to help Kathy get her internet set up in her new apartment, and take her to a dentist appointment. She needs a tooth extracted. In any case, it all goes to hell on Saturday.... Although Thursday is supposed to be decent, too.. Max needs tires, but that's a spring project.

Overall, with what happened in my life this summer, you could say it was the worst riding season of my life, but at least I stayed healthy, and was able to ride a ton of miles safely. 2017 marks 50 years that I bought my first motorcycle. Let's look on the bright side of life. No more room for negativity, against any situations, or people.

At least one gets to sleep in the house, I can get my Vmax in through the front door, but unfortunately enough the Venture will be outside under a cover because I cant squeeze her fat ass through the door haha. It puts a knot in my stomach no doubt.

Every day I'll be thinking of spring and imagining the trips and rides. I hope you have an easy winter and a great spring. Sounds like you may have some time to get in a few great rides. Happy 50 years. I'm coming up on 35 myself. Life really is great, is it not? :cheers:

Well winter is here I had my Vmax winterized and put away a week ago. I hope all you guys who have a long riding season have a fun safe time.

I look forward to checking the forum from time to time but with 3 ft of snow the only thing I will be riding is my snowblower.......lol

Be safe

Ron
THREE FEET!! We call that a blizzard here.Piss shit billy goat fart!Nothing goes nowhere.The last time we had three feet of snow,Was in march of 93.With 60 mph winds.Big BIG snow for us here.

My bikes have been pushed to the back of the garage and the skidoos have been moved to the front of the garage.

It's time to do some maintenance on them before the snow sets in.

Mike

Three foot of snow
God i should have this before you (here up north Rimouski)

My both bike (Vmax 98 and Venture 86) are in basement since fall 2015
:damn angry:Major home improvement this summer :damn angry:

:punk:They`l`be out at 2017 spring :punk:
:worthy:RIDE SAFE:worthy:

Coon Rapids Minnesota here, which is 10 miles north of Minneapolis / St. Paul.

We had an inch or 2 over night but it melts by the end of the day. Fact we have had more rain in the last 2 weeks than snow. You must live in the Northern end of the state?

Im gonna be taking my bike to a buddy's to work on over the winter. Its been sitting under a cover in the garage the last 5-6 years. No money or time up until now.

Been thinking about it alot lately which has been giving me a spring fever feel already lol.

Coon Rapids Minnesota here, which is 10 miles north of Minneapolis / St. Paul.

We had an inch or 2 over night but it melts by the end of the day. Fact we have had more rain in the last 2 weeks than snow. You must live in the Northern end of the state?

Im gonna be taking my bike to a buddy's to work on over the winter. Its been sitting under a cover in the garage the last 5-6 years. No money or time up until now.

Been thinking about it alot lately which has been giving me a spring fever feel already lol.

Unfortunately I am on the North Dakota border. Not many VMAXS around here although a saw a 2009 someone is selling in the city I live next to ??

32 degrees F when I left for work on the second shift. I get off work at midnight, so should be cool. No precipitation and dry roads, so I ride.

I have a leather jacket, winter riding pants, good boots, leather neck protector, and hand protectors. No cold has ever penetrated that. I am aware the road surface can be slippery.

I'm also from Minnesota originally (central). My 79 year old dad does the same - no precipitation, dry roads, he's riding. He was actually pulled over at -9 degrees F while riding his old Gold Wing. The cop was wondering who was that dumb to ride at that temperature. :confused2:

32 degrees F when I left for work on the second shift. I get off work at midnight, so should be cool. No precipitation and dry roads, so I ride.

I have a leather jacket, winter riding pants, good boots, leather neck protector, and hand protectors. No cold has ever penetrated that. I am aware the road surface can be slippery.

I'm also from Minnesota originally (central). My 79 year old dad does the same - no precipitation, dry roads, he's riding. He was actually pulled over at -9 degrees F while riding his old Gold Wing. The cop was wondering who was that dumb to ride at that temperature. :confused2:

ROTFLMAO ........ I agree with the cop, sorry to your dad. I am completely the other side of the spectrum, I won't ride in the rain so any chance of rain I don't ride. I've never been a long distance rider. I've owned 8 Vmax's throughout the years and the seat just won't allow me to ride long distances anyway unless I stop and let the blood back in a groin area.

Same here...I ride as long as the roads are clear and dry....I've got a Widder electric heated vest which I used last winter and it works great. I bought a used pair of Widder gauntlets off ebay which still look brand new with all the hardware for $60. Also from ebay, I got a Gerbing rheostat switch for $60 which I've modified to hook up to my Widder vest replacing my original straight wire set up. Now I can dial in the amount of warmth I need. Now if only it would stop raining.....

Same here...I ride as long as the roads are clear and dry....I've got a Widder electric heated vest which I used last winter and it works great. One day I rode last winter it was 20° above 0 and calculated the wind chill to -6° below. This year I bought a used pair of Widder gauntlets off ebay which still look brand new with all the hardware for $60. Also from ebay, I got a Gerbing rheostat switch for $60 which I've modified to hook up to my Widder vest replacing my original straight wire set up. Now I can dial in the amount of warmth I need. Now if only it would stop raining.....

Back