Was there a full power japanese max?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The mongrel

Reaction score
Hi folks

Just read on here that the jap max's were restricted.

Now, i'm going to see a jap import max tomorrow. The sellee tells me its full power with vboost
But now i'm worried. Its a long way to go to see it and i don't want to waste my time

So is there an easy way to tell for sure, i know theres more than one speedo dial

Help me out please chaps........mongrel

cheers dude

I have an 1100 virago and i assume the fuel pump tick is the same on a max.

i'm pretty sure you can hear the vboost servo on the vid above.....so please make my day and tell me normal logic applies and if its got vboost its full power

Mongrel

I would say logic applies' if its a stock bike.. Also, when you test drive it, there is a very noticeable increase in power at around 6000 RPM (Vboost working). Very noticeable! Also, run it pretty hard in first, second, third gear, making sure it doesn't pop out of second gear. a common problem.

Easiest to look under the carbs- you're looking for a manifold connected to the carbs.

Attachments

• vboost1.jpg
    vboost1.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 21
With the chromed plastic covers removed you should be able to see the V Boost manifolds.

37c26eb27f11bd1e68de55ac6668c882822fc89b.jpg

When the ignition is switched on you will also be able to see the mechanism move.

Hi
I'm in Japan and have a 1985 Vmax with full V-Boost standard .
I bought it from the original owner who had only riden it a few times because it scared him so much and the dealer didnt want to buy it from him because they said everyone is too scared to ride them.

They are not common in Japan but they are so famous.

They are a big bike for Japanese to ride and also many Japanese are scared to ride them on their busy streets so it is very rare to see a full boost one here.

Every time I ride or park my Vmax people come looking and take photos.

I hope the one you saw worked out well for you.

Thanks for the advice chaps, It really is appreciated.

Life got in the way so i was keeping quiet till i had some news :)

Thanks again for the help fellas

I currently have a grin about half a mile wide......you have one guess at why :eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

:ttiwwp:

Good for you Mongrel. Enjoy responsibly. Sounds like a beer comercial:eusa_dance:

I'll take some proper pics of the bike. But heres one the shit eating grin i was left with

Thats how we know it works!

Judging by the photo you live somewhere you can actually open her up? I live in a rural area and there are so many roads where she can really stretch her legs.

Congrats on finding the right machine! It looks great.:punk:

Yeah i live in the country, most of roads round here are too twisty to really let it fly...they are fun though :)

Today was not a good day for riding. Foggy, damp, roads greasy as hell
I was scooting along and tried to put a somewhat less than sensible amount of power down. Of course the back wheel just span and i was left doing a rolling burnout......i got the bike straightened out, then immediately did it again :biglaugh:

Lovin it

Yeah i live in the country, most of roads round here are too twisty to really let it fly...they are fun though :)

Today was not a good day for riding. Foggy, damp, roads greasy as hell
I was scooting along and tried to put a somewhat less than sensible amount of power down. Of course the back wheel just span and i was left doing a rolling burnout......i got the bike straightened out, then immediately did it again :biglaugh:

Lovin it

So question, what are you using for rear rubber? That might have something to due with the spinning, so brands grip better in the wet.

Theres a bridgestone exedra on the back and dunlop on the front (cant remember exactly which)

I'v not had either tyres before and it really was slick on the roads today, so i'll give them some leeway on first impressions

Back