My first VMax ... Help. *New here

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shotgun may work but the pilot fuel jets are clogged and will need to be cleaned out physically more then likely.

Sean

Sounds like time for a shotgun...

You were on the right track....but I dont think that you went far enough with the cleaning. Read this article....its not hard.

http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/shotgun.htm

Normally this will fix your issues without having to rebuild the carbs.

The shotgun may work but the pilot fuel jets are clogged and will need to be cleaned out physically more then likely.

Sean

Thank you gents,
I'll give it a try to the shotgun.

In case it doesn't work I'll like to start gathering info on how to get the carbs out.
If anyone has any tips or links to what the best way of getting these babies out I will really appreciate it.

OK

replaced the spark plugs..
Checked the tank after a night of electrolysis and I'll have to take some more serious measures to clean it up because it still looks nasty.
Did the shotgun! Thank you for the tip...
Things got Much Better ! But not there yet.
Now the bike starts with just a bit of choke and I can pull the throttle with out having it dying.
The only thing it doesn't do is to hold idle with out the choke (about 15% choke)
I think that they need to come out..
Maybe this weekend.

Bring two broom handles when you pull your carbs the first time... Long levers and gentle pressure using the valve covers as the fulcrum will save you a lot of anger.

I researched the how to clean up the rust in the tank and all the ideas out there have you adding nuts and bolts and checking that thing for ever or adding some heavy chemicals
And than I remembered a trick my dad used to do to clean up the loan mower's tank...
It took me 5 minutes to fab and 3 minutes to get the tank to an absolute clean inside :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425521101.865282.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425521113.218218.jpg

Ok... Took the carbs out and cleaned everything up...and mounted them back in.
They weren't that bad except for one of them.
I started the bike and it idles and takes the throttle pretty nicely :)
I still notice a bit of hesitation at the point where you start to pull the throttle but it's very small....
I'm thinking Synchronization ...... What you all think?
Also question about the card sync ... I only have a 2 gauge sync tool... Can I sync one side and than across and than the other side?
Any advice on this.?

The other thing I've noticed was that I had the bike on at idle for about 5 minutes and I never saw the fan come in.... Is that normal ?
How do I test if it is working ?

Thank you

It will take awhile before the bike will heat up enough for the fan to come up. Usually about where the small dot of black paint in just under the red area.

Sync one pair (left) and then the right pair. Then cross any one on the left to any one on the right. Will take longer since you'll go back and start over each time but will work just fine.

Latest posts

Back