Fuelly

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With stock exhaust and jetting I'm getting 110-115 miles before the light.............Tom.

With stock exhaust and jetting I'm getting 110-115 miles before the light.............Tom.

I m still noob on these lexicon, does stock exhaust means the original ones? and jetting is it something related carburetor as far as I know, sorry can you give me a quick explanation, it would help me a lot.
Thanks

It means everything is the way the factory delivered the bike to the customer....

Hi, do you guys usually use or consult these site or sites like this? about fuel consumption. Or it doesn't matter much as long as the fuel light show up around the 90 miles?

http://www.fuelly.com/

Never heard of the site..but I got curious and looked at it.
Strange thing is I saw an electric scooter that was getting like 12.3 mpg?? Wtf? Maybe it was a joke?

Anyway..I dont see the need for it ..except as a reference maybe. As I figure my mileage out on my own.

Ok, so from origin the set up or carburetor synchronization should be very good then, If you order this to be done later on your vmax at some other trustful mechanic you should expect the same result? (+/-100 miles per tank)
or it can mean that some parts are worn off?
Because I suspect I m not getting that and on the check up I did after buying the vmax they said that when it's working on neutral it works with 3 cylinders. so they advised me to try a cleaner to mix with the fuel, it s now the second one I try and my battery is broken so I can't ride, have to wait for the weekend to install the new one. But anyway, any mechanic should be able to make it possible? (100miles per tank)

Your tank should hold 4 US gallons of fuel, when the fuel light comes on you will have used 3 of them and have 1 left, when this happens and you are riding, it will interupt the fuel pump relay and you will begin to notice a sharp drop in performance as you run the fuel out of the carbs, when you switch over to reserve you are only bypassing the fuel interrupt circuit and turning the pump back on, if you don't refuel, the bike will keep going until you suck the tank dry, at this point you will have approx 140 or so miles on a full tank................Tom.

If you have one cylinder that's not firing it will certainly effect your mileage, do you know if it's fuel or ign related?.........if carb, I would recommend the shotgun treatment and a good sync..................Tom.

the mechanic told me that it was running on 3 cylinders only on neutral but when bike is running on gears the four cylinders are working. Is there such thing?

^ Possibly, if the idle circuit on that carb is clogged up.
If that's the case, the doing the Shotgun on it may help.

^ Possibly.
You may need to remove and clean the carbs but I'd definitely try the shotgun first and se how it runs after that.

Ok, thanks for the advice, was looking at instructions and one of the rubber tubes is missing on my max, can t find it inside even with a flashlight... hope that s not so bad. but for now the battery first so at least i can sleep better knowing the thing is alive when i press the start.

Beekeeper wins the "perfect" explanation award for the fuel system operation description! Now that's a Sticky!

I am running Stage 7 165 jets 4th clip open vboost with a set of Quadzillas, the fuel light comes on at about 107 to 113 every time...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back