Cheaters on Amazon - Maxima Fork Oil - 15WT!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putin

Reaction score
oil1.jpgOrdered http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WK8VNQ/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title Maxima fork oil 15WT. Just to add little bit to existing oil. Instead received 10WT!! Maxima don't make 15 grade oil as i attached the proof of back label of this bottle! What the fuck?! No reply from sellers or from amazon. And of course review of some moron : "Great oil" Did he cook on it? Strange that no wife bought it as a present for her hubby:) and placed a review that he loves it.

Attachments

• oil2.jpg
    oil2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
According to the Maxima Site they do make 15 wt. Fork Oil AND 15 wt. Racing Fork Fluid.
http://www.maximausa.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7

I personally used 10 wt. Maxima Racing Fork Fluid with Progressive springs and I'm happy with that.

If you're just using it to top off a fork that is already almost full of 15 wt. fork oil, that 10 wt. should work fine for you.
It will only lower the over all viscosity a very little bit and I'm sure it won't even be noticeable.

once again - they sell it as a 15WT, and i bought it as 15WT. Received 10WT! and label say there is NO 15WT in this line of oil! That's just a scam (on small scale). I don't care if i can mix it or not, i want a right product!

its not likely even that weight. we use a full synth power steering or full synth auto trans fluid for a more consistent viscosity

its not likely even that weight. we use a full synth power steering or full synth auto trans fluid for a more consistent viscosity
+1. I switched last year to Mobil 1 full-synth ATF, as per Sean's advice. Works dandy, and available most everywhere, unlike weight-specific motorcycle fork oil.
Keep it simple, Lads!
Cheers

Maxima oil, to those of you who thinks, that's a "great oil" - feels and looks like dirty engine oil. Compared to "made in Switzerland" oil i bought in the shop (last bottle, so i had to buy little bit to add). Maxima is not even states where is this crap made - says "developed in USA"! Means made nowhere in China in the basement.
P.S. What's the criteria for "great oil" for forks?! Means front end not fall apart? Especially if you are not in racing.

Latest posts

Back